CHAPTER ELEVEN

STEVE HARRINGTON OFFICIALLY HATED BILLY HARGROVE. He hated the way he treated Amelia, he hated his smoking habits, he hated his dumb-ass ego.

It was written all over his face as he stormed out of the school during break, and right over to the only person he could count on. Amelia sat by her car as she listened to her music in peace.

But when Amelia heard the footsteps that approached her over her blasting music, she knew something was wrong. She looked up to see an angry Steve approaching her and let out a sigh.

"C'mon get in the car," he stated, grabbing her car keys from beside her and walking over to the drivers seat.

Amelia stood up in confusion. "Where are we going and why can't we use your car?"

"First, we're ditching. Second, I like your car more."

She looked at him, contemplating what to do before she got into the passengers side. "Can't I drive?"

Steve scoffed. "Yeah, I don't have a death wish."

♡♡♡♡♡

The two drove around Hawkins for what felt like an hour before Steve finally stopped outside the DVD store. Amelia searched the racks of movies in search of one she hadn't already scene, which was proving to be difficult.

"Find anything?" She asked the boy from the row opposite her. He shook his head lightly as he scanned.

"Nope," he muttered, letting out a sigh. "Everything here looks like crap or we've already seen it."

Amelia straighten up, looking over to him and sighing. "Whatever, let's just find something we like."

Steve nodded. "Okay," he then grabbed a DVD to Lia's left and turned it to her. "Boom."

Amelia's smile grew as she grabbed the second-hand copy of the Indiana Jones movie: Raiders of the Lost Ark from his hands before looking over at him.

"Perfect action movie," Steve stated as he walked around the stall to her. "Plus its got that Star Wars guy that you said was hot."

The girl rolled her eyes playfully. "Your a genius."

The two successfully rented the movie and threw it in Amelia's car, planning to watch it later, before they began walking off since Amelia stated she was sick of driving around.

So now, they were here, walking around the park near the store and talking about whatever came to mind. When Amelia's curiosity took over, she asked the question that had been playing on her mind since Tina's house party.

"Steve?" She questioned, as they boy turned to her with a hum. "What happened at basketball today? When you practically stomped over to me."

He didn't reply immediately. He thought about it, before sighing. "It was Billy, he was... he was saying that you were too good for me. And then— then he said you liked me."

Amelia stopped in her tracks as she processed what Steve had just told her.

That fucking snitch.

"...what?"

"He said he couldn't see what you seen in me and that I needed to rethink my options or something," Steve blurted as she stopped to and turned to Amelia. He walked closer. "Is it true?"

"Is what true?" Amelia asked, though she already knew the answer.

"Do you... do you like me? Please just tell me."

His words echoed in her mind. She stood in shock. Here she was sitting in front of the guy she liked as he practically begged for a confession out of her. She looked up at him. "Steve—"

"Because I really like you."

Oh.

When she didn't respond immediately and gave him the wide eyed expression, Steve spoke again.

"Look I know I was with Nancy but I've liked you since the day I met you. Please tell me you feel the same way." He pleaded, reaching over and grabbing her hand.

"Your kidding right?" She denied causing him to shake his head at her. "You break up with your girlfriend and then try and get with me the next day?!"

"It's not like that Lia," he defended, causing her to roll her eyes.

"What is it then? You can't just spring this shit on me like that! God, Steve you can't just fuck around with my feelings because Nancy doesn't love you!"

He stopped, looking at her with hurt in his eyes. She didn't mean for it to sound so harsh, but the blood in her veins was boiling. In that moment she didn't care.

"It's not fair of you to do that to me, not when it's personal," she mumbled as she bit her lip anxiously. "We can't do this—"

He cupped her face with his hand, forcing her to look up at him. "Hey, it's okay to let others in, to let me in."

She shook her head and broke from his hold, taking a step back. "No, your not over Nancy and I'm not going to be someones rebound."

Before he could say another word. She shook her head and walked quickly back to the car, tears falling down her face. "Amelia! Wait!" 

She didnt wait. Instead she kept going and left a heartbroken Steve Harrington behind.

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

When Amelia got home she was out of breath. She got into her room, shut the door and burst into tears. She kept sobbing and sobbing. She couldn't stop. The boy she liked had like her back but she couldn't be with him.

She couldn't believe it.

She heard a light knock on the door. "Amelia? Hey it's me, Dustin. Can you open the door? Please." She opened the door and he stood there with a worried expression on his face.

"Hey, you wanna talk about it?" She shook her head. "Hey, it's okay. C'mere." he walked over to her and wrapped his arms around her shoulders. She wrapped her arms around him and softly cried into his shoulder. He gently rubbed circles around her back, comforting her.

After a while she stopped crying she let go of her younger brother, wiped her eyes and gave him a weak smile. "Thanks Dustin, I'm okay now." She wiped her eyes before looking back at him.

"You sure?" He asked. She nodded her head. "Okay good because we've got a problem.

♡♡♡♡♡