CHAPTER FOURTY FIVE

JANUARY 12th, 1986:

HAVING EDDIE MUNSON AS YOUR drug dealer was an... experience to say the least. Usually, the meetings wouldn't go as smoothly as possible. In fact, if you said to yourself 'It'll take 2 minutes', you'd most likely still be working out a price in 30.

Still, Amelia Henderson wasn't one to complain. She liked the boys company and throughout their 'time' together they had grown closer than most dealers did with their customers.

It was a cold, winter night the time Eddie had convinced Amelia Henderson to smoke weed with him. While they had known each other since the beginning of the school year, he had only been supplying her for about a month.

They sat in the room of his trailer, criss-crossed opposite each other on the floor as Eddie rolled the cannabis planted joint, the soft sound of Girls, Girls, Girls by Mötley Crüe playing on the cassette nearby.

"So how does this work?" Amelia asked, titling her head as she watched him delicately handle the blunt. "Like, do I get high immediately or does it take a while? Do I get my own or are we sharing? Does your uncle know—"

"Boy Henderson, you sure do ask a lot of questions..." he mumbled, his concentration shifting to her voice only slightly. "Uh, one: depends on the person, two: we're sharing because these things are hard enough to roll as it is, and three: I think so."

The girl nodded, glancing around the room she had only been in a handful of times. Every time she was here her eyes were drawn to the red blood NJ Warlock electric guitar that proudly hung on his wall near his bed that she leant against.

It was safe to say that the Munson boy's room perfectly matched the cliche most would put him in: electric guitar, metalhead posters and CDs, stacks of comics and playboys and a shit ton of laundry shoved in the corner.

"Done!" He stated proudly, holding up the joint in glory before gesturing for Amelia to pass the lighter. When she compiled, he placed the blunt in his mouth. "This may take a minute or two, so no questions."

For the next four or so minutes, the brunette watched her shaggy haired friend light the tip of the joint, rolling it with his fingers as the opposite end held in his mouth. Then, once it had finally lit, he successfully took a drag from it, sucking it before puffing out the smoke with a grin.

Amelia smiled, reaching her hand out for it only for the boy to shake his head. "No, no, no... there's gonna be some rules before I give this to you."

"Ugh, no fun..."

He ignored her, dangling the joint to her face teasingly. "A: no hogging the joint, B: don't touch the guitar and 3: any secrets spilled in this room don't leave this room, okay?"

"You just said A, B, 3..."

"No I didn't."

Amelia paused. "Yes you did, you switched the C with a 3–"

"Henderson, do you agree to my terms or not?" He asked, trying to diverge the conversation from his mishap.

She nodded, crossing her heart sarcastically causing him to give in and hand her the joint. "Do I do the same with a cigarette?"