CHAPTER TWENTY SIX

"THE MIND FLAYER BUILT THIS monster inside Hawkins to stop El, to kill her and pave a way into our world," Mike said as they all sat in a circle.

The footsteps from earlier turned out to be Hopper and Joyce. Apparently they had been on a wild chase with 'the Russian Terminator' as Amelia likes to call it. She had been filled with relief when the people who were like parental figures to her busted the doors open.

"And it almost did, that was just a small peice of it," Max added worriedly.

"Just how big is this thing?" Hopper questioned in almost disbelief.

"Big, like 30 feet maybe," Jonathan murmured. Amelia felt her heart drop with fear.

"It kinda destroyed your cabin," Lucas cringed, looking at Hopper. "Sorry."

Steve shook his head, deciding to speak up. "So this big spider thing that hurt El, is some kind of gigantic big weapon?"

"Yes," Nancy replied, rubbing the back of her neck.

"But instead of like screws and metal the mindflayer made its weapon with dead people?"

"Yes, exactly," Nancy said, realising how it sounded. Steve nodded.

"Got it, yeah, just making sure," Steve said awkwardly in a panicky tone. Amelia turned to Steve and rubbed his arm sympathetically, causing Steve to wrap an arm around her in comfort.

"So this thing is still out here, still alive?" Amelia questioned, her face full of fear.

"El beat the shit out of it, but yeah it's still alive." Max finished.

"But if we close the gate again," Will started.

"Cut the brain off from the body," Amelia added.

"And kill it," Lucas said, meeting Amelia's eyes. "Theoretically."

Suddenly a faint yelling was heard from the distance. "Yoo hoo! Yoo hoo!" Everyone turned to see Murray frantically waving papers in the air.

♡♡♡♡♡

Plans were slammed onto the table at one of the paces in the food court. Murray pointed towards a large square in the centre of the page. "Okay this is the hub, Alexi said it would take us to the vault room."

"Okay well wheres the gate?" Hopper asked, standing beside him with Amelia right by his side.

"Right here," Murray said pointed to another box connected with the rest. "I don't know the scale on this, but I think it's very close to the vault room. Maybe 50 feet or so."

"More like 500, what you're just gonna waltz in there like its comic Disney land or something?" Erica spoke up, amused.

Amelia and Hopper shared a glance as Amelia smirked at the little girl. "I'm sorry, who are you?" Murray asked the little girl.

"Erica Sinclair, who are you?" Erica said in almost disbelief that he didnt know her name, though they had never met before.

"Murray... Bauman." Murray hesitated in shock that a 10 year old would speak this way to an adult.

Erica raised her hand to silence him. "Listen Mr Buttman, I'm not trying to tell you how to do things, but I've been down that shithole for twenty four hours and with all do respect. You do what this man tell you, you're all gonna die."

Amelia saw out of the corner of her eye Hopper scrunch his eyebrows at her, as if trying to read the 10 year olds mind. "I'm sorry, why is this 4 year old, speaking to me?"