CHAPTER THIRTY SEVEN

THE TERRIFYING IMAGE OF THE MIND FLAYER stood before her, growing closer and closer before a tentacle reached out in front of her ready to kill. Amelia screamed, holding her hands infront of her face, awaiting the consequences. When she felt nothing, she lifted her hands and saw as Billy grabbed the monsters hand, holding it back from the girl.

"No!" He yelled, screaming as more arms came in his direction. Amelia watched one by one as each arm stabbed him in the torso. Billy screamed out in pain as he let go of the arm, while the other six held him up as they dug into him.

"Billy!" Amelia yelled as she watched the boy scream in agony. The mindflayer lowered the boy as he fell to his knees. Black blood dripping out of his torso aswell as his mouth as he continued screaming.

Amelia heart dropped to her stomach as she watching him in shock, tears rolling down her face, screaming his name. One last arm reached out and hit him directly in his chest, causing him to stop screaming.

Amelia heard Max scream his name behind her as she sobbed, crying for her friend. The mindflayer suddenly let go of him and he fell to the ground. Amelia crawled over to him as Max stood there in shock.

She watched as the mindflayer fell to the ground, dead. She shook her head as she sobbed, looking down at the boy. "No, Billy just hold on."

"L- Lia, I— I hate you." He choked out as he looked up at her, anger filling his eyes.

Amelia backed away slightly in confusion. "What?"

His hands suddenly wrapped tightly around her neck, causing her to gasp as he began to choke her. "It's all your fault. This is all your fault, Amelia."

"B-Billy... st... stop," Amelia managed to choke out, hitting him in the stomach as her vision slowly grew spotty due to the lack of air.

"You will suffer."

♡♡♡♡♡

Amelia shot up in a gasp, her eyes widened open as she tried to slow down her panicked breath. The girl quickly glanced around her, noticing Lucas and Robin sprawled on separate chairs asleep in the Wheeler basement. She then turned to the ground and spotted Steve asleep bellow the couch she lay on.

Amelia wiped the sweat from her forehead before she placed her hand on her chest to calm her breathing. She took note of the fact that Nancy, Max and Dustin were missing and probably upstairs, before she got up and crept over her sleeping (sort of) boyfriend.

Another nightmare, fuck she needed a cigarette.

Just as she reached the bottom of the stairs, Dustin's walkie-talkie began to go off. "Hey Dustin, this is Eddie the banished... you there? Dustin, can you hear me?"

Steve quickly shot up from the ground at the noise, his eyes squinted as he looked around him. He then spotted Amelia, who let out a sigh before grabbing the walkie-talkie. "Not Dustin."

"Hey hot stuff! Um, I'm gonna need a food delivery like, really soon. Unless you want me going out into the world—"

"Hot stuff?" Steve questioned groggily, his face scrunching up slightly as he frowned at her.

"No, no don't... don't do that," Amelia replied, rubbing her eyes slightly and ignoring Steve. "Just uh, stay where you are and we'll be there as soon as we can."

"Yeah, yeah, yeah, listen um... can you pick me up a six-pack?" Eddie asked, causing Amelia to roll her eyes. "I know it's stupid as shit, drinking right now, but a cold beer would really calm my jangled nerves."