CHAPTER TWO

WHEN AMELIA SEEN STEVE WITH his friends, her one idea was to ignore him until they left - which hadn't failed her yet, in fairness. As she approached the group, who had just met with Nancy and Barb, her speed increased as she had hoped to get past him without him noticing.

However, Steve had caught her this day and quickly grabbed her arm as she sped past him, stopping her in her tracks next to him. "Woah, woah, hey! What's the rush, Lia?"

"Busy day I guess," she told him, hoping to leave soon though his grip on her arm remained.

"Well at least you're not late today," he joked causing her to chuckle slightly before greeting Nancy and Barb. Steve turned to Nancy, before back to Amelia in excitement. "You wanna come to my party?"

"Not particularly," she admitted, causing Nancy to hold back a laugh at her bluntness.

"Why not?" He asked.

She shrugged before glancing at Carol and Tommy. "Because your friends are asses."

They scoffed at that but before they could answer, Steve spotted Jonathan down the hall putting up missing posters of Will. "Oh god, thats depressing."

Amelia turned to see the Byers boy and frowned. "Should we say something?" Nancy asked cautiously.

"I don't think he speaks," Carol judged.

Tommy then smirked. "How much do you wanna bet he killed him?"

Amelia's blood began to boil at their comments and just as she made a move at Tommy and Carol, Steve grabbed her arm again to stop her, before hitting Tommy on the chest himself and uttering a: "Shut up."

Amelia ripped her arm out of his grip and sent the three a glare before walking over to Jonathan herself. "Hey, no news?"

Jonathan hesitated, about to tell her about the jaunting phone call his mother received before deciding against it and shaking his head instead. "No."

She let out a small sigh. "Will's smart okay? Wherever he is, he's got that going for him."

Jonathan nodded and before she could walk off he replied with. "My mom wanted to call you... something about the police station?"

She smiled slightly. "Tell her it's no big deal. See you in physics?" He nodded. She gave him a small wave turning around and walking off to her class, paying no mind to the eyes of Steve's group on her.

♡♡♡♡♡

Later that day, Amelia's phone began to ring and the girl knew who it was before she picked up. She placed the phone to her ear as she lay down on her bed. "Yes, Nance?"

"How'd you know it was me?"

"Because you've got a party to go to, and you want me to go with you." Amelia responded, rolling her eyes slightly at how well she could depict her friend. "My answer is no."

"Oh c'mon, Lia. I've never been to one of these and you have and I kinda need you to look out for me," Nancy begged, causing the girl on the other end to let out a deep sigh.

"Fine, but only because I need to look out for you. Steve's parties always end in something bad," Amelia responded. "I'll meet you there."

♡♡♡♡♡

By the time Amelia arrived, the party had begun. She could hear the music in the backyard and knocked loudly on the front door so that someone would hear. After a few knocks, the door burst open to reveal a smug looking Steve on the other side. He gave her a large smile. "I was starting to think you wouldn't show."