CHAPTER FIFTEEN

WHEN THE YOUNG GIRL ARRIVED, you could say they were all stunned. She was wearing a sort of punk rock style. It looked like she came straight out of MTV.

"El?"

"Mike"

The two embraced. Mike spoke up. "I never gave up on you, I called your for-"

"353 days, I heard."

Mike looked at her, confused. "Why didnt you answer?"

"Because I wouldn't let her." Hopper spoke up. He looked at the girl. "Where have you been?!"

"Where have you been?!" She answered. He smiled and pulled her into a hug. Mike looked at the two, clearly angry.

"You've been keeping her from me this whole time!?!" Mike asked the older man. Hopper shushed him.

"Let's talk about this in here," he lead the younger boy into Jonathons room.

They all looked at eachother, before Eleven walked straight up to Amelia. Amelia looked down at the little girl and smiled. Kneeling down to pull her into a hug.

"I missed you."

"Hey El, I'm missed you too."

They pulled apart and looked into eachothers eyes before Amelia kissed her cheek and wiped the girls eyes, not realising they had both shed a tear.

When Eleven turned her head to Amelia's right, she seen the familiar looking guy from the picture beside Amelia's bed.

"Steve," Eleven greeted, causing Steve to look at her in shock. Amelia's eyes widened as she remember how she knew Steve and turned to the boy.

"You know me?"

Eleven nodded before turning back to Amelia and smiling. "He is pretty."

"Okay! Go say hi to Nancy!" Amelia said, sending her off to the girl.

Steve turned to her. "How did she—"

"Don't worry about it."

After Eleven greeted everyone she pulled away from her hug with Joyce. "Can I see him?" She asked her, referencing will. Joyce nodded and lead her into wills room.

♡♡♡♡♡

They had all thought up a plan. Since the 'mind flayer', which is what they're calling the shadow monster now, knew where they were, they had to bring will somewhere were he wouldn't know.

Joyce, Jonathon and Nancy decided to take Will to hoppers cabin and burn the mind flayer out of him.

Hopper and Eleven were gonna go back to the lab to close the gate that connects the upside down and our workd together.

And Amelia and Steve were left baby sitting the rest of them.

After they all said our goodbyes we walked inside and clean up the broken glass. After a few more minutes Mike started going on about going down into the tunnels to burn it up.

Amelia and Steve's eyes widened. "No, look we have to wait until our star players line up to the field and play there part," Steve said.

Mike then spoke up. "First of all this isn't some stupid sports game and second, were not even playing, were on the bench."

Steve then said, "besides that point, huh, yeah, were on the bench so theres nothing we can do."

"Well we gotta do something, we cant just let everyone risk there lives while we sit here and do nothing, we gotta help el."

Mike brought out a page. He scribbled down a plan. "If we go down into the tunnels and burn it-"

"Uh that's a no," Steve said trying to stop the others.

"Then we can distract the demogorgons attention away from el-"

"So she can glose the gate," the rest of the kids chorused. They all nodded.

"Exactly."

Amelia spoke up. "Alright listen up! This isn't happening! Me and Steve promised we'd keep you guys save and away from danger, not towards it. So were gonna stay her and sit on the bench like good team players, does everyone understand?"

"This isn't some stupid sports game." Mike protested again but decided to shut up after seeing the look Amelia was giving him.

"I said does everyone understand?!"

Suddenly a car pulled up in the driveway. The kids went up to the window to see who it was.

Billy.

Max spoke up. "It's my brother, he cant know I'm here he'll kill me."

Steve said and then went outside to talk to Billy. "Guys step away from the windows!" Amelia whisper yelled. But it was too late. Billy had already spotted them. Amelia stood up and pushed all the kids behind her. He walked inside.

When Billy saw Amelia he smirked. "Lia? What are you doing here with my sister and Harrington?" She shrugged.

"Oh well Max was just here with her friends. We were actually just making dinner. When we finish I can drop her off, it's fine Billy." She reassured him.

He shook his head. "I'm afraid I can't let you do that, you see my dad wants her home now, it's kind of urgent. But after I leave her home, maybe we could go out?" he wink at her and she mentally cringed.

"I'm busy after this, but Max is staying for dinner, I'm sure your dad wont mind," she smiled.

Billy's facade dropped when he saw Lucas. He looked at Max. "Hey! What did I tell you about hanging out with this kid? Oh you are so dead Sinclair." Before he could move. Someone tapped his shoulder. He turned around to be met with Steve.

"No you are," before Billy could say another word Steve punched him right in the face.

Billy got back up and started to laugh. "I've been waiting to see this king Steve everyone's always talking about, c'mon, show me what you got Harrington." They started to fight and moved it to the kitchen.

Just as it looked like Steve was winning, Billy took a plate and smashed it over Steve's head. Steve stumbled a bit as Billy shoved him to the ground. He got on top of Steve and started to punch him in the face over and over.

Amelia didnt know what to do. She picked up the syringe and stuck it into Billy's neck. He fell off of Steve into the ground before he took the syringe out of his neck. "What the hell did you do?" He said slowly going unconscious.

Max then picked up Amelia's bat. "You have to leave me and my friends alone and stop harassing Amelia and Steve. Do you understand?"

"Screw you..."

She slammed the bat right between his feet. "Say it, say you understand!"

"...I understand."

She out her hand up to her ear. "Sorry, what?"

"I understand," he said louder before going fully unconscious.

Amelia went into his pocket and grabbed his car keys. "You guys grab Steve and put him in Billy's car."

Lucas spoke up. "Where are we going?"

Amelia smirked. "Were going to help El."

♡♡♡♡♡