DEAR JONATHAN

Dear Jonathan,

Since spring break is coming up, I'm trusting Mike to deliver this letter to you when he gets there and if it is in any way damaged, please punch him for me.

Not much has changed since I last wrote to you; Nancy's still working at the school's paper (though you probably already know that) and I'm still being forced to go to the basketball matches due to my stupidity of joining the cheerleading squad.
To answer you question from your last letter, I'm better... I think. Lately I've been thinking about what happened in the mall and I don't you told me to forget about it, but I cant really.
Sometimes I wonder if I could've done something to save him, if I didn't freeze maybe I could've pulled him away... but I guess there's nothing I can do now. Just don't pester me too much for feeling guilty.

Max hasn't spoken to me in a while and I think she ignoring me, but I don't really know why.
Dustin's still Dustin... thankfully, and he's still friends with that Eddie guy. I'm worried he's finding it hard to make other friends, but as long as he still has Lucas, Will and Mike, I'm sure he's fine, right?
Steve says hi, by the way, he's kind of jealous of the Duran Duran poster you sent over so I had to buy him a Tears for Fears one to shut him up.

I heard now you'll be receiving your letter from Emerson College or NYU so I just wanted to wish you a good luck! Since your not flying out to Hawkins, I won't get to see you until the end of the school year (yawn). So, taped to the letter is a cassette tape of all you're favourite songs that you never got round to making at my house that day.

How's Will and El? Got anymore pictures of his paintings to show me? Are you still friends with that guy Argyle? Does he still give you free weed?
Also, tell El that I still have that shirt I borrowed off of her and let me know if she needs it back. And tell Joyce I passed that English paper she was so worried about!

That's all for now, don't forget to write me back again or I'll get Mike to punch you instead. Take care of yourself, stoner boy.

From, your personal DJ
- Amelia xo

♡♡♡♡♡

A/N:
guess who's back...
while i am still uploading the first chapter next friday i wanted to post a kind of prologue to show u kind of amelia's mindset and her relationships (because i miss her and jamelia with my whole heart) with everyone but my girl very much lying about some things... i'll let u guess what ;)
ty for all the amazing comments i've been receiving lately and for my day ones who have been so patient with how shitty this story was once written
for now, i'm shameless plugging my tiktok @biggestheartss where i post edits and updates of my books!
<3 ily all sm, see u next friday for chapter thirty one!!!