CHAPTER EIGHT

BACK TO NORMALITY, THATS WHAT everyone thought after the troublesome events that had happened in the month of November, 1983. Back to studying, playing DND, working and overall living a normal, carefree lifestyle. Amelia Henderson wanted this more than anyone. She wanted her biggest problems to be the fact that she sucked at physics. She wanted to go back to the time where speeding was the worst of her abilities.

But that wasn't the case anymore. How where you supposed to move on after almost being eaten by a monster from another world twice? Amelia didn't know, and frankly neither did the rest of them. She was glad the beast was dead, of course, but as time went by — New Years, Easter, Summer vacation — the girl soon realised that those traumatic events may never leave her.

It wasn't until April of 1984 that Amelia went to her mother about her anxiety problems. She had been having a hard time adjusting back and it was getting too much for her. Lia didn't want to label herself as an anxious person because she didn't want to be the one doted on hand and foot by her poor mother, who worried too much about her kids. But, she didn't have a choice.

Claudia Henderson's initial reaction to hearing about Amelia's "anxious feelings of what happened with her father on top of school work" was to seek therapy. But that idea was quickly shut down when Amelia quickly suggested something easier that wouldn't cost the Henderson's half of their entire monthly paycheque.

So, twice a day, the eldest Henderson would down 2 pills of benzodiazepine (or benzos, as many called them) a day to cope with the pain. She didn't like it and it made her dizzy and tired for a portion of the day, but Claudia only wanted the best for her daughter and if that meant a few side effects, then so be it.

So now, here she was in late September of 1984, still on benzos, still a bit traumatised from what she has seen, still crushing on Steve 'the hair' Harrington. Although she was a little older, she wasn't all that wiser. Which is why she was standing here in front of her locker, entertaining the newest kid from the block. 

"Hey there Henderson," a voice from behind her said. She turned around to be met with a blonde haired boy wearing his tight denim Jean's, a red shirt half buttoned and his denim jacket to go on top. He took the cigarette from his side and put it in between his lips and dragged in, letting out a puff of smoke then leaned against the locker beside hers.

Billy Hargrove

She rolled her eyes at his comment and turned her head to look at him in the eyes "What do you want Hargrove?" She said waiting for the boys answer. He looked her in her eyes before slowly looking down her body, then looked her in the eyes again. He smirked.

"I was just wondering if you were going to Tina's costume party tonight." He said hopefully.

She let out a chuckle. "I don't do costume parties, never have never will."

She closed her locker, slung her bag over her shoulder and walked away from the boy. He followed her, wanting to continue the conversation. "Come on Lia, everyone's going. It'll be fun."

"If I say I'll think about it will you leave me alone?" She asked him raising an eyebrow.

The boy chuckled at her comment. Billy always liked Amelia and thought her comments was her playing hard to get. Boy was he wrong.

Lia wanted nothing to do with the boy knowing that he would flirt with her now and then screw another chick later. Typical Billy.

"The only problem is I dont know what to go as, will you help me?" He asked the girl. She pretended to think before she stopped and looked at him.