CHAPTER TWELVE

AMELIA COULDN'T BELIEVE IT. She knew her brother wasnt telling her something but this is not what she expected:

Will was having episodes about shadow monster. Dustin had a weird new pet which he named Dartanian. Dart for short.

Dart ate their cat and turned out to be a baby demogorgon that was getting bigger, and fast.

They quickly cleaned up the dead cats body and sent their mother to loch nora to search for the 'missing' cat. After that they locked the creature up into there basement, deciding it was best to keep him down there so he wouldn't eat them next.

Amelia was still in shock. She couldn't believe it. It was happening again. She felt sick to her stomach of what they went through last year. Barb died, who knows what could happen now.

She wouldn't cry infront of anyone else, she had to be brave. She had to. She wouldnt let anything harm the people she loved the most in the world.

Dustin had spent the whole day on his walkie talkie trying to contact his friends who wear not picking up and were clearly busy. When Dustin came back from Mike's house he quickly told his sister he was heading for Lucas' now.

But before they boy could leave his drive way, Steve Harringtons car came into view and he parked in the driveway, walking out of the car with a bunch of roses.

The girl watched the two boys interact, sighing when Dustin snatched the roses out of the boys hands. They walked to the boot of the car and pulled out 2 bats. One ordinary baseball bat and the other with nails sticking out of it.

That was her bat with nails she used to fight off the demogorgon. He had kept it. She opened the front door and looked out leaning against the door frame.

She raised an eyebrow at the two of them before letting them in, but not before snatching her bat from Steve and walking in front of him, causing the boy to frown.

They walked into the backyard. Steve walked up to the door and tapped it with his bat.

"I dont hear shit " he tapped it again. He looked up at Dustin and shone his flashlight in his face. "Look if this is some sort of prank, your dead you hear me?" Amelia rolled her eyes and spoke up.

"It's not a prank Steve. I saw it myself. Its down there somewhere," she said, not meeting his eyes. He looked her for a moment.

He nodded. "Alright. Then I guess were going down there."

Amelia and Steve had managed to open the door. He tossed the flash light towards her. She caught it and put it in between her teeth. Her bat in her hands, reading to swing. Dustin looked down, scared.

"I'm going to stay up here, in case he trys to escape." The girl rolled her eyes. Her and Steve walked down the stairs. They walked forwards and spotted something up ahead.

Amelia shone the torch on it as Steve picked it up with his bat. They both gagged. It was a giant slimy green peice of skin. Dart had molted again. They saw something on up ahead and both their hearts dropped.

"Amelia? Steve? What's going on down there?" Dustin yelled from the top of the stairs.

"You might wanna come down here." He walked down towards the pair and saw the skin. His eyes widened when he saw the thing ahead of them.

It was a huge hole in the wall. It lead out into the woods. As dart was clearly not in the basement the only other option was out of the hole. Dart had escaped.

"Shit."

♡♡♡♡♡