CHAPTER FOURTY NINE

TWO DAYS LATER:

HAWKINS, INDIANA WAS IN COMPLETE SHAMBLES after the events of the Upside Down's gates conjoining 2 days before. The government had managed to cover it up, stating that a main stock earthquake struck the town, but some knew better.

Amelia Henderson was one of the few that knew the real dangers Hawkins was in right now and her only thought was to get the fuck out of there.

Resurrecting from the dead wasn't as cool as it seemed. She wasn't a zombie, she didn't have an undead army — hell, she didn't even have battle scars to prove it. All that was left behind was her and a newfound power inside her, curtesy of Vecna.

In fact, if you didn't know she had died and come back you certainly wouldn't have been able to tell.

The Henderson siblings had spent the last day trying to make sense of what had happened her. The ran through tests to try and revamp her powers she used on the creature when he entered her mind. Tests such as trying to turn the doorknob of her room, jumping off a wall to see if she could make herself levitate (which was quite embarrassing) and Amelia even considered killing herself once more to see if it would heal again.

It was safe to say they were having no luck.

Steve had become a bit more overprotective when it came to his girlfriend. It even went so far as forcing her to sit down while he ran to grab whatever she needed. While the boy was extremely relieved to have her back after cradling her dead body for half an hour, he was also worried.

What if Vecna possessed her once more and made her hurt herself again? What if he made her hurt others? What if he killed her permanently?

Those where questions none of them knew the answers to, but right now their mission was to help the Wheeler's pack their old and forgotten things to give to the event happening in Hawkins High — which Amelia gladly took part in to distract her mind from the thought of having a knife in her chest.

With the trunk of the car open Amelia, Steve. Dustin and Robin all looked through what they were giving away to sort into boxes.

"Did someone order pizza?" Karen Wheeler spoke up from beside them, her eyes fixated on the pizza van hurtling towards the house.

"Pizza?" Dustin questioned in confusion, causing them all to turn around as it pulled up outside.

The driver door opened, revealing a guy around Amelia's age with long hair and a crazy outfit on, his top engraved with the Surfer Boy Pizza logo. He smiled, giving them a lazy wave, which only increased the groups confusion.

Then the back door opened and out stepped the familiar faces of Will, Mike and Eleven. Jonathan went out the other side, walking round the van to face them, looks of relief and shock painted on each face.

Amelia let out a sigh of relief, dropping her box and running along with everyone to meet the group in the middle. Her eyes immediately locked with Elevens' as they ran towards each other, immediately embracing each other in a tight hug.

"You... your alive?" Eleven cried slightly, causing Amelia to nod watching Nancy and Jonathan reunite over their shoulder. "I— I seen you die..."

"Yeah, I kinda resurrected, I guess," Amelia stated as they pulled away, a small smile on her face as El's confused face worsen. Amelia shrugged it off, placing her hands on the younger girls arms. "It's a long story."