CHAPTER FOURTY

THE UPSIDE DOWN WAS THE WORST place in the world Amelia ever had the displeasure of entering. The last time she was there, she was almost mauled to death by a monster and barely made it out with a lifetime of PTSD to remember.

She had never even thought of going back because the thought of the hell hole was too emotionally damaging to consider. It was all her nightmares rolled into one.

Yet here she was, diving head first into its passageway without a moment of hesitation because of the desperation to save him. Her Steve, the boy she was hopelessly in love with.

And she'd do it again if she had to.

Steve struggled for air as he thrashed in the creatures hold while the vicious bats tore into his skin. He struggled, trying to shake them off yet it was no use. But just before he could accept the slow, agonising death that would overcome him, an ore knocked against one of the bats.

Steve glanced up to see his beautiful girlfriend looming over him, ore in hand as she panted for breath. "Hey there."

She began whacking the bats off the boy as Robin, Nancy and Eddie — all who had followed shortly behind her — attempted to pull the bat's tail that was wrapped tightly around Steve's throat off.

Amelia hit into the bat, sticking the ore right into its chest and killing it after a few stabs. When she heard the faint shriek of more flying there way, she looked up to see Eddie fending them off.

As Nancy and Robin tried to remove the tentacle, Lia knelt down beside Steve and attempted to loosen the grip around his neck. She grunted as she dug her nails into it in an attempt to hurt it enough to go away.

"Nancy behind you, watch out!" She heard Eddie call before Nancy screamed. Amelia looked up in a panic to see a bat was attacked the Wheeler girl from behind but before she could help, Robin rushed to her aid.

Amelia then turned back to her choking boyfriend and straddled his chest, grabbing the ore once more and leaning over him to continue hitting the tail while Robin helped Nancy. "Shit, shit, shit!"

When the bat let go of Steve's air supply, it made an angry beeline for Amelia and tried biting into her waist. She flinched back, jolting off of the boy causing it to rip the entire waistline of her top. Before it could slash again, Steve stood up and grabbed the tail. "Come here!"

Amelia watched as Steve began attacking the bat, causing her to raise her brows in surprise. "Amelia, duck!" Eddie yelled over to her, his voice breaking slightly.

The girl complied without even looking, ducking as a bat flew towards her with its teeth bared. She stood back up straight, turning to the bat and grabbing its torso with her bare hands in anger. She let out a slight hiss as it tried to scratch her hands with its claws, before throwing it on the ground and standing on it.

"Fuck. You. Piece. Of. Shit!" She yelled between the stomping, repeatedly using her right foot to step on the bat rapidly before she decided it was dead. When she seen that the bat was still alive, she noticed a thrash in its ugly neck and angrily stood her foot on it before kicking, slicing the head clean off.

"Asshole ruined my converse..."

She let out a heavy breath before turning to see if anyone needed help. She managed to turn around in time to see Steve bite into the bat before slamming it on the ground and ripping it in half. He looked up, making eye contact with her as he panted for air and threw the remains of the bat on the ground.

She held eye contact with him, watching as he looked her up and down with the bat's blood tripping out of his mouth — Amelia would be lying if she said she wasn't turned on.

𝐋𝐔𝐂𝐊𝐘 ♡ steve harringtonजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें