CHAPTER TWENTY EIGHT

AMELIA SMILED AS JOYCE ATTACKED Jonathon into another hug, giggling slightly as the teenage boy groaned. He gave her a quick farewell before walking over to Amelia and giving her a pointed look. "Don't."

Amelia held her hands up in surrender, holding back a laugh. "I wasnt gonna say anything." Jonathan nodded as he checked his pockets, making sure he had everything he needed. "Mamas boy."

"Shut up!" He said, groaning. Amelia then let at a loud laugh and even Jonathan couldnt hold back his smile. His smile grew wider as he watched Joyce approach Amelia.

"Oh dont think you getting away without a hug goodbye," Joyce said, as she wrapped her arms around the girl. Amelia smiled hugging back and breathing in her perfume.

"Wouldn't dream of it."

They pulled away and smiled at eachother before Joyce walked up beside Hopper. "You ready?" Jonathan asked her as they walked towards the exit of the mall.

"Nope."

♡♡♡♡♡

Amelia went to get in the back with Will before she heard the grunts coming from behind her. "El, are you okay?" Mike asked her.

"Yeah," she said, though the look on her face said otherwise. Amelia opened the back door of the car for her. "Here." She offered before helping Max and Mike get her into the back of the car.

Amelia took the seat beside her and squeezed her hand in comfort as the younger girl squeezed back.

They both turned the heads as they heard Nancy. "Are you serious? Come on," she said, trying to start up the car.

"Didn't your mom just buy this car?" Lucas asked as Amelia rolled her eyes at the unhelpful boy.

"Yes, I'm sure it's fine," she said trying to reassure not only Lucas but herself.

"Did you leave the lights on?" Will asked, leaning forward slightly. "No." Nancy protested before trying to start up the car again.

"Do we have gas?"

"Yes!"

The car kept jittering as Nancy kept turning the keys. "Woah woah woah, stop!" Jonathan said grabbing her arm, causing her to look at him. He opened the car door. "Pop the hood," he said as the got out and stood at the front of the car.

The revving of a car caused them all to turn the heads only to see Billy hargrove in the car infront of them. His car looking more damaged than ever as his front screen had become completely shattered.

Amelia's frown deepened as she looked out the window to him, a sad expression painted on her face as she thought about how awful it must have been for him being dragged into this.

Nancy banged onto the window, yelling at them all to get back inside the mall. They all got out as Amelia and Mike helped Eleven out and practically ran back inside.

♡♡♡♡♡

"Scoops troop, do you copy?" Mike said into the walkie talking for what felt like the millionth time. "Scoops troop, do you copy? We're trapped in the mall and are in need of emergency transportation."

Amelia sighed as no one answered the other line before she decided to block out Mike as he was giving her a headache.

She turned to Nancy who threw a pistol in her direction. She caught it before turning to the girl in confusion. Nancy looked at her expectantly. "You know how to use one of these right?"