CHAPTER FOURTY TWO

THE BABYSITTING CLUB DIDN'T WASTE a second more and immediately ran to the Wheeler's garage to grab the bikes inside. Amelia chose the one with flowery imprints because Steve and Robin agreed that it 'went with the fanny pack' and they quickly raced to the Munson's trailer.

As they neared followed the road up ahead, Amelia suddenly felt another chill run up her spine causing her to slow down a little.

Eddie noticed this from beside her, frowning as the Creel House suddenly came into view. All five of them turned to it and watched as the red thunderous lightly lit the manor up, the bats from before circling it.

It's only a matter of time, Amelia thought to herself as her frown grew.

The shaggy haired boy then shared a look with Nancy before he decided to lighten the mood by grabbing the Henderson's attention. "Hey hot stuff, I'll race ya there!"

Amelia gave him a small, fake smile before nodding and speeding up to follow the Munson boy to the trailer.

The race was close, but in the end Eddie had beat the girl to the park and to the front door of the place where Chrissy's murder took place. He quickly hoped off the bike, turning around to the out of breath girl who did the same.

"Ha! I win... I think I deserve a kiss as my prize..." the boy joked, leaning forward and puckering his lips at her.

Suddenly Eddie was met with a flick to the forehead, causing him to mutter an 'ow' as he opened his eyes to be met with Steve, who raised a brow at the boy. "Don't hold your breath."

Amelia chucked slightly as Nancy and Robin caught up with them. "That's gotta be a Guinness World Record. Most miles traveled inter-dimensionally!" Robin joked, wrapping an arm around Amelia's shoulder as she caught her breath.

"I just inhaled a bunch of that crap," Steve informed, coughing slightly as he lit his flashlight again. "It's stuck in my throat."

When the quintet entered the trailer, they all paused to look up at the gate back home. Amelia let out a sigh of relief as leaned back slightly.

Maybe there was hope after all.

"Goddamn."

"This is where Chrissy died," Eddie stated, turning to Amelia who had a sad expression on her face that mirrored his. They both liked Chrissy a lot. "Like, right where she died."

They could hear the disgusting squelches of the tentacled vines that wrapped around to red opening that shone down on them. "I think there's something in there..."

Then, the middle part of the gate began to stretch out towards them, causing them to look up at it in confusion. "The fuck is that?"

As it continued to slowly expand it then burst, startling the five causing them to jump back and scream as a stick stabbed through.

Amelia grabbed Steve's hand in comfort as fear washed over the group, watching as the gate fully opened before them as they were met with silence.

The Harrington boy glanced back at his girlfriend, squeezing her hand in reassurance as he advanced closer to the hole. Amelia followed him, the rest close behind her as all their eyes widened in amazement.

"No way..."

Above them through the gate was Dustin, Lucas, Max and Erica upside down in Eddie's normal trailer. Dustin laughed ion amazement as the all grinned up at them. "Hi there!"

"Hi," the five responded in amazement, smiling up at their saviours as Amelia gave them a small wave.

The girl rubbed her eyes slightly as they all triumphantly laughed. Steve wrapped an arm around her, letting out a breath of relief at the sudden realisation that Amelia was saved.