CHAPTER NINE

AMELIA HENDERSON LOOKED in the mirror once more. She looked at her outfit and smiled feeling confident with what she was wearing, which was rare for her. Amelia never liked the way she looked. She tried to pretend like she didn't care about other peoples opinions but it did, it really did.

Ever since her father left her mother she always felt a like a part of her was empty, as cliche as it is. When her dad left she built up walls. Now, instead of being bubbly she was sarcastic, instead of being postitve she was now negative about every decision she made. She hated it.

Amelia threw on her costume

(Agnetha Faltskog from ABBA btw)

She walked out of her room and called for her brother. "Dustin! Hurry up our rides are gonna be here soon!"

"Alright, I'm coming! God, don't mess with teenagers," he mumbled the last bit under his breath.

The bell then rang, leaving Amelia smirking at the fact that she was right. She went to answer the door and opened it, looking down at the two younger boys, Lucas and Mike. Jonathon and Will were meeting them at the neighbourhood so the rest of them decided to bike together.

"Hey idiots, Dustin will be out soon. Cool costumes," she said sweetly. She always had a special place in her heart for the party. They were her brothers best friends and looked after him when she couldn't (plus, it was always funny seeing Mike get nervous around her from his tiny crush since the fourth grade).

Before the boys could reply, a car pulled up behind the boys and looked past them to see Steve and Nancy parked in her driveway. She smiled at the two boys.

"I gotta go, but you guys have fun. And don't eat too much shit!" She warned them before both boys gave her a quick goodbye and ran inside to their curly haired friend.

"Alright let's get this over and done with," she said as she buckled her seatbelt. Steve looked at her in the front mirror of his car and raised an eyebrow.

"Always the life of the party," Steve said causing her to playfully scoff.

"Nancy please control your golden retriever," Amelia playfully commented causing Steve to glare at her through the front view mirror.

Nancy smiled and look at Steve. Knowing that if anything were to happen between the two then Amelia would always be there for both of them.

♡♡♡♡♡

They arrived at the party and as soon as Amelia got out of the car she was greeted by the smell of alcohol, sweat and people whisling at her. She rolled her eyes at these remarks and strutted inside ignoring the glares other girls gave her.

Typical. Boys will holler at women for anything, huh?

She went over to the punch bowl and took a glass of it. She took a sip and knew immediately that it had been spiked. She scrunched her nose slightly before downing the majority left and pouring herself another.