CHAPTER THIRTY FIVE

FROM THE SOUND OF IT, Nancy's shot in the dark really did seem like a shot in the dark. The eldest Wheeler had told them all about her theory that Victor Creel, a man who claimed his family was possessed in the 50s, was responsible for the murders of their classmates. Let's just say Robin and Amelia were having difficulty with the facts.

The two kept pointing out mistakes and flaws to Nancy's story as they entered the library, and she was started to get a little agitated. "If he committed these crimes back in 59', that puts him like... 30 years before Eleven in the Upside Down."

"Yep."

"Which makes spooky old Victor Creel like 70 years old," Robin concluded for Amelia as the three made it to the front desk and rang the bell. "So, he's a... grandpa murder who can turn invisible and lift people into the air..."

"It doesn't make sense, I know... thats why I said it was a shot in the dark," Nancy explained.

"Okay, but normally your shots in the dark aren't so... in the dark," Amelia began. "I mean, I thought you were being modest and hiding something up your sleeve only to wow us all later. But this is like really, truly a shot in the dark."

Robin nodded. "We are like snipers with blindfolds on who've been spun around 50 times."

Nancy sighed, ringing the bell repeatedly. "Yes."

"Coming!" The librarian called.

Nancy gave her a smile. "Hi sorry, we're in a bit of a rush. Could we get the keys to the basement archives?"

"Of course, give me one sec," the friendly woman spoke, giving them a smile before walking to the back once more.

Robin turned to Amelia, giving her a little look before she glanced at Nancy. "Are you guys having a thing too? Because I feel like everyone seems annoyed and I don't know why, but at the same time I don't think its because of me."

Nancy quickly glanced in Amelia's direction. "No."

"We're fine."

"Are you sure? Was it me because sometimes I don't really have a filter—"

"Robin, its fine," Amelia assured, placing a hand on her shoulder before the woman came back with keys and handed them to Nancy.

"Have fun!" The librarian called.

"We'll... try," Nancy said with a weird smile before walking away leaving the two girls alone.

Robin turned to Amelia and raised an eyebrow, indicating that she knew there was something between the old friends that they weren't telling her. Amelia just sighed and grabbed Robin's arm to drag her friend after the Wheeler girl.

♡♡♡♡♡

The three had been scrolling through old newspapers for what felt like hours when Amelia's head fell into her hands in frustration. She couldn't take the silent treatment or the weird tension between her and Nancy anymore and it was driving her a little crazy.

If Amelia was being completely honest, she hadn't properly spoken to Nancy since her and Steve broke up. Yes, they fought the Mind Flayer together and yes, the had some classes together every now and then but they had never properly... talked.

The guilt that Amelia felt for kind of splitting the two up was something that never went away. And Nancy and Steve hadn't even talked about it, which is why it was weird for them all to be around each other.

Amelia cared a lot for Nancy and vice versa, but she wasn't sure if Nancy ever blamed her too. And if she did, would she even forgive her?

"Anything... juicy over there?" Robin called out to them both.

𝐋𝐔𝐂𝐊𝐘 ♡ steve harringtonजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें