CHAPTER FOURTY SEVEN

IT SEEMED HENRY CREEL WAS in fact pure evil as Amelia believed that no one with a heart would make someone suffer through all their past pain and trauma just to kill them. It wasn't fair, to trick her into thinking she was safe. To trick her into thinking their plan would work.

Maybe Amelia was naive into believing that hope was on her side as she should've known by now, it never was.

The girl's running slowed to a stop once she made it through the red clouds, only to be back at the broken down Creel house she had seen in her vision before. She winced once she seen Chrissy again, but this time she wasn't the only one there.

Amelia's eyes widened in surprise when she seen both Max and Eleven hanging into parts of the house by the vines, one conscious on the other not.

Eleven gasped when she seen Amelia, her heart dropping once she realised she had also been dragged into this. The eldest girl tried to run to her, but it seemed as though a force was holding her in place as the tears streamed down her face.

"Why do you cry for them?" Vecna's voice from behind her questioned, causing her to flinch as she suddenly felt his presence. His chin tilted her head up from behind as she whimpered. "After all they put you through?"

When the girl didn't answer, the creature's force that held her threw her over to a pilar. She grunted as she made impact, the breath being knocked out of her as the vines clung to her body.

"No, no, no," she whispered, struggling in their grip but it was no use. She was too exhausted to fight back, and he knew it.

All three of the girls now watched as Vecna slowly approached Amelia, unaware and terrified of what was to come next.

"I've always been with you, ever since that day— that very first day you came here," he spoke out gruffly. "We are the similar, Amelia. You know that deep down. You've always known you were never the same..."

Vecna leaned into her trembling form, his face so close to hers. "You have always been my ultimate sacrifice."

Suddenly it all made sense now. The demogorgon attacking and almost killing her but not Nancy, the demo-dogs targeting her on the bus but not the rest, the mindflayer using Billy to force her down for slaughter but not Eleven... and now; being targeted as the final sacrifice.

She's always been the one of the final puzzle pieces in the twisted plan to end Hawkins.

"And now, now you can finally join me... like you were always meant to."

"No!" She attempted to cry out, though the tight grip around her neck made it difficult. His long and bony hand reached up to her, she once again closed her eyes and waited for impact.

Nancy gasped in her place, grabbing her gun and hitting against the vines to free Robin from the Upside Down's grasp. Steve stood frozen, unsure of what to do as he was torn between saving Robin immediately and Amelia after or vice versa.

He then seen Nancy's arm being grabbed by a vine out of the corner of his eyes and watched as she was also dragged over and stuck to the wall, being choked in place.

"Fuck, man!" Steve let out, grabbing his axe in one hand as he shoved the Walkman in the belt loop of Amelia's cargo pants.

Before he could press play and save his friends, Steve was then also tugged into the opposite wall by a vine on his axe. He cried out, reaching to Amelia as he was forced to the wall.