CHAPTER THIRTY THREE

KISS WASN'T AMELIA'S FAVOURITE BAND EVER. No, that award goes to Fleetwood Mac, but she had to admit they had some good songs that she favoured. Particularly I Was Made For Lovin' You, which is what played softly on Steve's cassette player in his room as the girl laid on his chest.

Steve sleepily played with her hair as he softly sang/hummed the song that Amelia found was his latest obsession. She smiled as she listened to him, his heartbeat almost comforting her back into sleep. She then rolled over on her stomach, so that she could look up at him.

"You're going to get sick of this song," she commented, causing him to look down at her with a challenging expression.

He scoffed slightly. "What're you talking about? I never get sick of things, why'd you think I'm still friends with your brother?"

"Because you can't get enough of the Hendersons clearly," She joked, tilting her head slightly as she watched him smile.

"Yeah well, I think I love his sister the most," he stated, causing her to sit up slightly so that she was lying on top of him.

"Oh yeah? I heard she's a total girl," she commented teasingly.

He shook his head at her, playing along as his hands tugged at his t-shirt she was wearing to pull her closer. "No, she's actually a total dork."

Amelia hit his chest playfully. "Hey, take that back!"

He chuckled slightly, pulling her into a light kiss as his hands resided on the small of her back to pull her closer. This is what he loved the most, waking up to his beautiful girlfriend knowing that she was safe in his arms.

When they pulled away, their foreheads rested against each other slightly as Amelia closed here eyes in content before looking at him. A small smile appeared on her face as the chorus of the song slowly crept up on them, causing Steve's grin to widen.

"Oh no," Amelia joked, pulling her forehead away from his so she could watch her boyfriend dramatically pretend to hold a microphone in his hands.

"I was made for lovin' you baby, you were made for lovin' me!" He sang jokingly, his tone slightly lower than the songs due to his raspier morning voice.

He then quickly turned the imaginary microphone to his girlfriend, gesturing for her to sing the next line. Amelia almost didn't, but seeing the hopeful look on his face caused her to crack and join in. "And I can't get enough of you baby, can you get enough of me?"

His smile grew slightly when she sang. "See, you do like the song!"

"I never said I didn't like it, I said you were going to get sick of it," she commented, reaching over him to grab his hairbrush to tame her wavy locks.

He frowned, attempting to snatch it from her but she pulled it out of his reach just in time. "That's my brush, remember?"

"What's the big deal, you got lice?" She joked, brushing her her back as she attempted to get rid of the knot in the back.

He rolled his eyes playfully at her. "No, but it's specially designed for my hairstyle and you might bend the bristles!"

Amelia chuckled slightly, though she continued to use her hairbrush and watched as he sat up. "Hey lady, you making breakfast or what?"

Steve shook his head at her joke with a small smile on his face as she finally dropped the brush. "I'll make it now, lady! What do you want?"

Amelia shrugged lightly, standing up with him as she started to get dressed. "Whatever you have."