Live EP11: Burning Sun MMORPG Edition

This is the last episode of Elsword Fables Live for real, so this series is going to end soon, so I'll list many of the crimes committed during the game's history, by the players and developer (KOG). During all of the crimes, I was in kindergarten, elementary school and middle school at that time. Anyways, this episode of Elsword Fables will teach the developer and players not to do crimes like this in the game and in real life.

Anyways, without further ado, let's start.

No.20: Avatar Contests

From the first volume of the Korea Avatar Contest which ran from September 23rd to October 9th, 2011, a copy-pasted design was chosen as the winning entry. The avatar question is Rena's number 3 outfit whose design is actually Captain Liliana of Queen's Blade. Except for the hair color, all parts of the outfit are copied entirely so those who doesn't know Queen's Blade were astonished about the number 3 outfit.

As a result of this, there were players criticizing the plagiarizer and calling the developer out for their inadvertent selection of the winners. As the developer was receiving backlash from the players, they replaced Rena's number 3 outfit with an another entry from an player, and the plagiarizer was disqualified from future Korean avatar contests. Luckily it was quickly replaced when it was reported the same day.

Besides the controversy, there was a player who voted for the Alps-style outfit who unfortunately has an similar design to the Alps-style outfit posted under pressure during the Korea Avatar Contest. The player claims that the developer "stole the design they've voted for" and there was no response from the developer itself. During this time, the Naver blog said "KOG is bad" and "Alps-style design has been the most common, but why are you upset?"

2 years later, there was reported plagiarism on the Korean server's third avatar contest held from March 21st, 2013 to April 8th, 2013. The character involved in the plagiarism incident is Rena, like in the first avatar contest held in mid-2011. The original design which was plagiarized is an fanzine illustration pictorial on Pixiv drawn by chibi.

As you can see the original picture by chibi, the gloves, bow and shoes are original than the unoriginal dress, especially the bows, hair design and hair ornaments are unoriginal but this controversy is more serious. Plagiarized character-specific outfits at the time of the first controversy was the 3rd place winner, but this one is the 1st place winner of the character outfit production.

Moreover to the fact, the design theft is revealed after the outfit was produced and sold in the item mall. It was an fanzine illustration pictorial posted on Pixiv by chibi. 

No.19 EL*STAR and Dal.komm Coffee

In April Fools 2019 during the extension, the developer held the EL*STAR event and collaborated with Dal.komm Coffee to sell beverages themed of their game. Unfortunately, there were six chains of Dal.komm Coffee in Seoul that are able to carry out the event and as the size of Dal.komm Coffee's six stores are not enough to accept crowds of Elsword players, so the players are on a hot day during May 2019.

Instead, they have to wait in line up to 3 hours outside and villains are created to pack 14 drinks in order to receive a coaster and a straw decoration. As a result, it led to the drinks being sold out and even more, Dal.komm Coffee went on a trip to sell gift-giving coasters and sleeve straw decorations without offering beverages only for the drink price and violated the environmental protection laws that were in effect during that time.

As a result, Dal.komm Coffee's image has been deteriorated and there's a moral for the developer KOG, that it wouldn't happen if they've made contracts with Starbucks or Ediya Coffee which has many stores in South Korea. 

No.18 IncheonUnited guild and Elning Sun

The IncheonUnited guild is the developer's guild in this situation and is specialized in dungeons where characters introduced below gathers. After the 90-day ban, the guild IncheonUnited was changed and the current guild name is SPIN. One involved in the IncheonUnited scandal 최플러(Choepleo) is an finalist in the first quarter-finals of El Champions, who is the winner of the 2017 Hero Wars and a runnerup of the 2018 Hero Wars.

Not only that Choepleo is an professional Rena player, they participated in 2017 and 2018 Hero Wars as Wind Sneaker and Anemos, and once participated in El Champions of 2019 as an Twilight character. Choepleo is known as the leader of the IncheonUnited guild (if they're not then they're the culprit in the situation).

Pilpaenote is one of the finalists in the first quarter-finals of El Champions, also the winner of the 2018 Hero Wars and a runnerup of the 2017 Hero Wars. Pilpaenote's former nickname in the game is 흑혈음화(Heughyeoleumhwa) (Korean for Negative Black Blood) and many more. 

Ulbernian is the winner of the 2019 Global Elsword Champions and the 2018 and 2017 Hero Wars. Ulbernian is an Void Princess player and an Gaia server player, has been close to the IncheonGuild member Choepleo prior to Aeb, Ulber participated as Choepleo's heroic warfare partner. Despite being suspicious of attending the conference, they have nothing to do with the agency and abuse relating to the El Champions.

Ulbernian's former nickname in the game is 현질러 (Hyeonjilleo) (Korean for sensitive). 닥치고리볼버 (Dagchirevolver) (Korean for Shut Up Revolver) is an famous Rage Hearts player and is considered as the cause of ruining the free channel. They represented 흑월이뜨는밤 (Heugwolitteununbam) (Korean for the rising night of the Black Moon). After being banned off the game, Dagchirevolver was spotted running away on their alt account.

Dagchirevolver's alt is 처력 (Cheolyeok) (Korean for Desperate) and Dagchirevolver's former nickname is 와차함 (Wachaham) and 리볼함 (Revolham). Heugwolitteununbam is an Raven player banned for 90 days due to acting as an proxy, and the player who acted as an proxy is Dagchirevolver. 

Aeb is an one-time El Champion winner who is an Gaia server player, and participated in the incident with Choepleo who was the culprit of the scandal. 마지나그리 (Majinagri) is an player whose KakaoTalk friendship with the developer was revealed and is sparing alt accounts.

압도적감사 (Abdojeoggamsa) (Korean for overwhelming appreciation) is known to have an alt named AngeLKurumin and is Haeduk Goo. No reason was given for Besik Chicken through. o3ozz's former ingame name is Nosongug and currently they're preparing to go to the El Champions with Yunsia and as of now, they have changed their ingame name as boramiyu.

아인이요 (Korean for I'm Ain) is an whistleblower in the case and changed all of their equipments after leaving IncheonUnited guild. I'm Ain has been banned for 90 days due to abusing acts and the reason for the ban is unknown.

Here are the videos showing the progress of the IncheonUnited incident.

I had enough of the IncheonUnited guild scandal, so moving on to next topic.

KOG and Nexon has decided to ban players of the IncheonUnited guild and players who were abusing proxy for 90 days, clarified for allegation of friendship and sanctions for the exclusion of the developer's entry, then apologized with an new event that lasted from June 12th to June 20th, 2019 which includes EXP and drop rates being doubled, 200 apples and 100 magic stones when logging in for 10 minutes during the events and level 10 Enhancement Charms.

After the events, the scandal came back at its worse form, and the developer and the game director Dongshin Lee are busy ignoring that and (possibly selling torso arms). This is like the Burning Sun of MMORPGs known as Elning Sun.

During the time of Elning Sun, I was an MapleStory player. Hope the 2020 El Champions will be better than the 2017, 2018 and 2019. Also, please spread this episode to your friends so to make sure they won't do any crimes like this in the game.

THE END

CONCLUSION: To the developers, please add outfits not only for Laby, but the other characters.