Yes-No-Maybe

Standing nervously still fumbling around in his tunic finally pulling out the same small velvet box from the force training not so long ago, instantly your stomach flops while your chest gets hot and the nervous flutter of butterflies spreads throughout 'oh my gosh this is it...he's going to propose! Okay (y/n) calm down don't pass out before he gets the chance to ask.' Kneeling before you and the throne removing the hand placed upon your own slowly opening the tiny box finally revealing what's inside, letting out a small gasp at the sight of the most beautiful ring you've ever seen it's gorgeous black plated silver is twisted and molded into sleek dark elegant patterns all intertwining to hold a stone that looks oddly familiar to the kyber crystal around your neck only smoother and more uniform.

Watching as he removes the ring from the box placing its empty container back inside his pocket then reaching out for your hand, while slowly sliding the perfectly sized band onto your finger saying "I've never once imagined that I would be anything other than a cold, ruthless leader, never once thought there could be someone so perfect out in the galaxy. Someone who makes me believe in love...in happiness...in hope... yet here I am, kneeling in front of the most beautiful woman I have ever seen. My life cannot go back to what it was before, that part of me no longer exists, who I am now is solely because of you. I see now that what was missing to become a great leader was balance, someone to make me stronger in all the right ways yet hold me accountable for my childish imperfections, and that someone is you (y/n)..." the ring finishes gliding up finally resting in its forever place "will you take my hand and join me endlessly, no matter what the future holds will you be by my side? Will you continue to love this black heart of mine and constantly chip away at my walls, will you handle my mood swings and tantrums with the same kind, tender response I'm growing to know and love...will you be the one person who always believes in me and never abandon me because of my imperfections. Will you continue to love me as Kylo Ren and Ben solo...if you are willing to accept all of that then...please...will you marry me (y/n)?"

Unable to contain yourself immediately leaping forwards into his strong embrace almost forcing the two of you tumbling down the steps leading up to the throne, grasping his face kissing all over making sure not to miss an inch while repeatedly saying "yes!" before and after each kiss. Wrapping his arms around your frame holding them in place allowing you to line his face with multiple red lip imprints before sliding both hands down scooping under your legs bringing them around his waist before easily standing while turning and sitting himself upon the throne all while keeping a tight grip around your figure that now rests in his lap. The huge chair easily holds the two of you giving plenty of room for your legs to rest along his thighs, feeling his hands glide up your sides around the front of the dress between your own arms they cup onto your face. The two of you are locked together holding each other's cheeks staring into one another's eyes for what feels simultaneously like an eternity and a millisecond, watching the softest most beautiful smile slowly emerge before leaning in pressing his lips along yours kissing so passionately it makes all of your senses melt.

Unexpectedly warm tears begin falling down your cheeks, it takes Kylo only a moment to realize that you've begun to cry, softly breaking the kiss looking at you confused "wait why are you crying, is it something I've done?" Choking back tears "no...I mean yes but in all the right ways, you've made me the happiest woman in the whole galaxy Kylo... I had no idea arriving here my first day would soon grow into the most powerful connection I have ever felt. My whole life I've waited to feel this way about someone, hoping and wishing that person existed...almost giving up hope after a few failed attempts especially after Ja..." his face winces at even the momentary sound of that name, quickly holding back the remainder of it "my point is...I always knew you existed somewhere out there and I knew well...hoped... someday I'd find you. Loving you has proven that all the times I thought I loved or could have loved someone before were false and it's clear that I could and would never love anyone the way that I love you, only an hour ago if you hadn't shown me how to use the force I could have lost you forever and that's a pain I don't even think I could survive..."

Again hot salty tears fall down your cheeks, gently rising his hand the soft red leather brushes the tears away "I've waited for you too (y/n)...like you I've always felt this indescribable connection to a person I've never met before, always feeling so alone yet knowing I'd see you in my dreams until the day I could finally hold you in my arms for real. For a while I had given up hope too, thinking you were only a figment of my imagination...another trick to slow my progress within the order, but the day I saw you in my office I knew you were the one, instantly you made me feel warm, scared, angry, and confused. Because I had thought for the longest time I made you up, that person I was waiting for didn't exist she was only an imaginary distraction to comfort me in times of great loneliness and sorrow, yet there you were standing in front of me holding your head so tall not showing any signs of fear when meeting a man with my reputation. If I could have proposed to you then I probably would have, but let's face it I don't think I would have gotten the same response." Chuckling slightly his hand sweeps some hair behind your ear "don't dwell on the what if's, there will always be someone out in the galaxy trying to kill me...and now that we are together most likely the target now includes you. But you must remember that we are a team now, and unbreakable force...together we will protect one another. You saved my life without any hesitation, just like I would do for you...as long as we have one another nothing will tear us apart."