Chapter 49

We're here. The final chapter. It's going to be sweet and fluffy. No more craziness. I won't say more than that though so please enjoy the very last chapter of Running in My Veins.

"You should be resting," Jihoon says as he walks into the King's private study. Seungcheol looks up from a stack of papers that he's been reading and smiles at the sight of his lover. "I have work to do," Seungcheol says, "I've been resting for days."

"Well, you should for a couple more," Jihoon huffs, coming to stand by the desk, "You were a mess..." He bites his lower lip and his gaze gradually lowers to the floor, thinking back to the extensive injuries that Seungcheol sustained because of him. The doctors even said that the King got very lucky. Jihoon had done a number on him. It's still something that Jihoon feels guilty about. I mean how could he not. "Hey, hey, hey," Seungcheol says, noticing Jihoon's expression, "Don't be like that. We talked about this a billion times. What happened wasn't your fault. Shin was blackmailing you and you did what you had to to protect Seokmin. So, don't start hating yourself for what happened...I'm fine." Jihoon sighs and slowly nods, even though a part of him still feels bad. Seungcheol isn't giving him a second to feel guilty, stating that Jihoon was not to blame for what happened again and again. The King refused to let his lover fall into a pit of self-loathing when what went down that day wasn't even that big of a deal. After all, in the end, they all made it out alive. The plan worked smoothly thanks to the hunters. Daniel and his men, supplying the vamps with much needed manpower and strategies that helped them out. They had minimal losses, most vamps only sustaining some injuries that weren't life threatening. Seungcheol had the worst injuries, but he made it out okay. Same with Seokmin. He had been shot in the leg and tortured to reveal information, but the injuries were rather minor, all things considered. They would both heal and be fine in a couple of weeks. The important thing is that they were able to defeat the faction and return home as victors. In the end, that's all that matters. The fact that they're all okay and can go back to living their lives. "What are you working on?" Jihoon asks, fingering a bunch of papers sitting in the corner of his huge desk.

"Boring stuff," Seungcheol says, "There's a lot of paperwork that needs to be done when changing the laws of the society."

"I would expect so," Jihoon says, "You are trying to allow human vamp relationships and the turning of humans in certain situations."

"But, it'll be worth it," Seungcheol states, "I know a lot of our people will be happy to no longer hide their relationships with humans anymore...and if we can save humans...I think changing into a vamp isn't that big of a deal." Jihoon nods, knowing that the changes that Seungcheol is bringing to the society will help them grow and continue life here for a long time. "It will be," Jihoon says, moving to stand beside Seungcheol and place his hands on his shoulders. He slowly snakes his arms loosely around his lover's neck. He tilts his head to the side and kisses his cheek, causing Seungcheol to hum happily. "You're too easy to please," Jihoon teases.

"Maybe I am," Seungcheol shrugs, "Can you blame me when everything about you makes my heart skip a beat?"

"You're something else," Jihoon chuckles, "Still flirting after all this time..."

"Of course, I need to keep you interested, Hoon," Seungcheol smiles.

Jihoon sighs, "Like I would ever not be interested in you..."

"Is that your way of saying I'm you're one and only?" Seungcheol questions.

"Yes," Jihoon murmurs, his face turning a bit pink. Seungcheol beams and quickly stands up from his seat. Jihoon's arms fall from around Seungcheol's neck and he looks at his boyfriend with confusion. Seungcheol places his hands on Jihoon's hips and easily lifts him up. Jihoon's eyes widen and he grips quickly onto the vampire king's shoulders as he places him on his desk. "Hey, you shouldn't be doing any heavy lifting," Jihoon tuts, pointing at Seungcheol's bandaged up stomach.