Chapter 30

Hi everyone! I'm back. It's a new year and I'm excited for the rest of this crazy story. This chapter is a bit nuts, so please be forewarned, there are mature themes. With that said, I hope that you enjoy this chapter.

Jihoon groans as his phone rings, snapping himself out of a nice dream that he was having. His mind having been replaying the events of the day before. The human groans as his phone continues to ring. He grabs for the device which sits on his side table. He glances at the caller ID and frowns when he sees he's getting a call from Chan. It's late. Why in the world would a Chan be calling now? He answers the call and brings the phone up to his ear. "Hello?" Jihoon murmurs, yawning at the same time.

"H-hyung," Chan stutters, his voice cracking a bit. Jihoon sits up straighter, recognizing the tone of his little brother's voice. The boy's been crying. There's no doubt about it. "Channie?" Jihoon asks, fully awake now, "What's wrong?"

"Come home, hyung," Chan mutters, "You need to come back to Busan."

"Why, Channie?" Jihoon questions, "Did something happen?"

"Y-yes," Chan whispers before letting out a strangled sob, "S-something r-really b-bad..."

"What is it, Channie?" Jihoon asks, dread filling his stomach. His little brother is strong. There's very few things that could make him break down like this. "S-Seokmin hyung..." Chan chokes out, "H-he....g-got into an ac-an accident..." Jihoon lets out a shaky breath and his grip on his phone slips a bit. His heart starts thumping in his chest and he moves in a robotic manner out of his bed. "H-he's d-d-dying," Chan sobs, "H-hyung....hyung....." Jihoon's ears are ringing and the world is spinning around him. He has his phone pressed between his ear and his shoulder as he quickly changes into some clothes. He rushes towards the front of his apartment, grabbing his keys and slipping on his shoes. "I'm coming Channie," Jihoon states, trying to keep his tone as even as possible, "I'll be there soon." With that said, Jihoon ends the call and heads out of his place. He rushes to his car, desperate to see his brother before it's too late.

≫ ──── ≪•◦ ❈ ◦•≫ ──── ≪

Seungcheol sighs as he stares at himself in the mirror. He brushes at his new coat, gifted to him by the Yoon family as forgiveness for not going through with the marriage between him and Jeonghan. The proposal had continued as Seungcheol had predicted. His parents had told him to try once again and Jeonghan once more refused. It got to the point where the King and Queen spoke to the Yoon family about it. And just as Seungcheol thought, they had apologized and said Jeonghan didn't wish to marry him. His parents were horrified that anyone would deny a hand in marriage to the crown prince, but also extremely embarrassed as the Yoon family is of noble vampire blood. They covered up the fact that anyone had denied a proposal from the prince and dropped the matter of an arranged marriage. Something that Seungcheol is very happy about. He has the one person he wants to be with and that's Jihoon. Suddenly, the sounds of a guitar being strummed echoes. Seungcheol glances towards his desk where his phone sits. He walks over and grabs his phone, answering the call already know who the person on the other end is. "Hello, Hoonie," Seungcheol says in a sing-song tone, "How are you today?" Jihoon doesn't answer and only lets out a soft whining sound that makes the vampire frown. "Jihoon? Is everything okay?" Seungcheol asks.

"N-no," Jihoon stutters, "It's not...y-you need to help me..."

Seungcheol purses his lips together, "What do you need me to do, love?"

"Bring my brother back," Jihoon states, his voice shaking a bit.

"What?" Seungcheol questions, "Jihoon...did something happen to..."

"Seokmin," Jihoon says, "He...he's de...dead..." The human lets out a sob that sends a cold chill down Seungcheol's spine. The vampire grips his phone and shakes his head. How could something like this happen? Just a couple of weeks ago, he was laughing alongside Jihoon's younger brother. He can imagine the boy now. His wide, bright smile. His perky demeanor and sweet-hearted tendencies. There's no way that he's gone. "How?" Seungcheol asks in a quiet tone.