Chapter 7

I have nothing to say for once. Lol, you're probably glad that you can start reading right away. Anyway, I'm going to stop rambling since I did say I didn't have much to say. I hope that you enjoy chapter seven!

"There are safe houses in place along every street that our people seem to frequent during their visits to the human world," Seungcheol says, "If any of the vampires happen to be in an area where there is no safe house nearby, we set up a hotline that will put them in direct contact with one of our human allies." The King nods as his son gives his report regarding the completion of the project. "All that needs to be done is to let the people know of these resources being supplied to them," Seungcheol says, "Advisor Soonyoung believes the best way to do that would be through a direct message from the King. Would you be willing to do this?"

The King nods, "Yes, yes, I will work with my advisors to come up with a proper message to send out to the people. Other than that, I am rather impressed, Seungcheol. You did acceptable."

"Thank you, Father," Seungcheol states.

"I will be honest I didn't expect such from you," The King says.

Seungcheol flashes him a forced smile, "Well, you gave me a second chance. I would be a fool to have messed up again when you were so gracious to grant me that."

"Don't expect it again," The King states.

"I wouldn't dream of it, father," Seungcheol says.

"Good," The King says, "You may leave now. Go see your mother. She is in her room and wishes to speak with you."

"About?" Seungcheol asks.

"I believe your mate," The King answers, "Don't keep her waiting." Seungcheol bows before leaving his father's study. His blood boils at the vampire king's words. His mate. After years of pushing, it seems like his parents are finally going to force him to propose. He's hated the idea since the beginning, but now even more so. He can't be mates with Jeonghan. It's just not possible. He doesn't want to be with him for all of eternity. Jeonghan is his best friend, but nothing more. They can't be anything more. Seungcheol sighs as he makes his way down the hall. Even if he doesn't want it, his parents will force it onto him. He'll have to propose. And he knows that Jeonghan will say no, but that will not make the situation any better. Proposing to your mate should be special. Seungcheol wondered about it when he was younger and there's still a part of him that finds it magical. To tie yourself to another vampire. To create a bond that will last even after the vampires are long gone. It's supposed to be special. Seungcheol wants to ask someone to be his mate on his own accord. He wants to ask someone he truly loves. Not someone his parents force on him. Seungcheol comes to a stop in front of his mother's room. He knocks on the door and waits until he hears his mother say enter. Seungcheol opens the door and makes his way into his mother's room. It's about the same size of Seungcheol's own, but the tapestry is more feminine. The shade of red curtains and bedspread more of a deep mahogany. The furniture in a more curly shape and a walk-in-closet meant for a Queen. The chandelier on the ceiling is more intricate with gold and rose petals lining it. The Queen is sitting on a large plush couch that is near the window with a small box sitting beside her. Seungcheol approaches her and bows. "Hello, my child," The Queen says as Seungcheol rises.

"Mother," Seungcheol states, trying to keep his emotions in check, "Father said you wished to speak with me."

The Queen nods, "Yes. Seungcheol, you have been alive for many years now. You are coming to be at that age where you should find a mate. A suitable partner to rule the vampire kingdom by your side."

"I am not yet King, Mother," Seungcheol says, "Wouldn't it be a bit hasty to find a mate now?"

"Of course not," The Queen states, "Your father proposed to me ages before he became King. It gave me time to prepare for my position by his side. The same will be said for your mate."