Chapter 11

Hello, readers! How are you all doing? I hope you are well. I have another chapter for you today. We are taking a break from the fluffy Jicheol and switching to giving our lovely leader a bunch of love. That's all I have to say, so go right ahead and enjoy!

"Oh, what shall our wonderful King have for us today," Soonyoung says in a sing-song voice. Seungcheol and his advisors all walk towards the meeting room. Early this morning, the vampire King sent out a message of a last minute meeting regarding some urgent news. Seungcheol, having hoped to go to Jihoon's gig, was forced to say he couldn't. He isn't too happy about it. Although Jihoon told him it was okay, he could tell the human is upset that he is unable to make it. But, what can he do? He still has responsibilities here. It would not be right for him to ditch them for Jihoon, even if Seungcheol cares a lot for him. "Do you think we should be worried?" Seungkwan murmurs, "The King hasn't done a sudden meeting like this in ages."

"The King did stress in his message that something major has to be discussed," Jun says, "Do you have any idea what it is, Seungcheol hyung?" Seungcheol shakes his head. He has no clue what this meeting is about. It's not like his parents ever tell him anything. He usually has to find things out from Jeonghan, the resident gossip. His friend hadn't told him about anything big happening when he had returned from the human world, but that could just be because it hasn't reached the public yet. Which means that it's either not that big of a deal or that the King is trying to keep it under wraps. "We'll find out," Seungcheol states, "Don't freak out before we know what's actually going on." The advisors all nod their heads and fall silent as they come up to the doors of the meeting room. The two guards standing there open the door for them and they enter. The King and his advisors are already in the room. "Finally," The King states, "We've been waiting for five minutes."

"The meeting isn't supposed to start until now," Seungcheol says, "We are on time." He gestures to his friends to take their seats, which they do while avoiding the gaze of the King. The King shakes his head, "I said it was urgent. I expect you to have come here immediately."

"Well, I am here now," Seungcheol says, moving to take a seat beside his father, "What is so pressing that you needed to call together a meeting like this?"

"The deaths in the human world have increased," The King states, "Your safe houses have proved to be useless. A waste of time that hasn't done anything to protect our people." Seungcheol grimaces at the words of his father. He had worked hard to set up the system. It isn't his fault that vampires are still getting killed. He's done what he could to offer them protection. But, his idea hadn't been enough to protect them. He wonders how many of those killed vampires had tried to reach the safe house, but couldn't. He wonders about how many vampires called the hotline only to be slaughtered before the call could connect. Maybe, his idea had just been a waste of time. It hasn't really helped anyone. Maybe, his father is right. "Your idea has only made a bigger mess for me," The King huffs. "The people are wondering why we had to set up safe houses in the first place. They are asking too many questions. If they are to find out about the numerous vampire deaths, it will not be good."

"You've been covering it up," Seungcheol says, "I doubt you need to worry."

"I wouldn't need to if you hadn't introduced you're idiotic project in the first place!" The King bellows, "All you have done is waste our resources and our time!"

"Your Majesty!" Hansol exclaims, "Is this meeting not to discuss these mysterious deaths?" The King stops his ranting and slowly regains his composure. Seungcheol looks to Hansol and sends his cousin a thankful look. Glad that his father had stopped yelling at him for at least a couple more minutes. "Yes, yes," The King says, "I apologize for getting off track. Advisor Kangmin, you've been leading the investigation on the hunters. Please share what you have found."