Chapter 4

Another chapter is here! It isn't a super long one, but I hope that you still enjoy it. It takes place right after the events of the last chapter. I don't have much to say, other than I should be able to update more often as soon as the semester ends, so please look forward to it. Without further Ado, please enjoy chapter 4!

"So that's why you're here, right?" Jihoon asks, "To work on that project you suggested."

Seungcheol nods, "You have no idea how surprised I was when he agreed, but then again he'll probably find something I messed up on and make it a bigger deal then it is. He'll use that as an excuse to never let me come up with another idea ever again. And I will be back to where I've always been... a powerless heir that messes up everything."

Jihoon shakes his head, "I thought my family was a bad."

"It's fine," Seungcheol says, "I'm sort of used to it."

"Still, I can imagine the pressure you must be under all the time," Jihoon says, "You must feel really alone sometimes..." The young man looks at the vampire, not with pity, but rather a look that said I'm here for you if you need it. Seungcheol, for some reason, felt comforted by the human. It's not like he doesn't have people that understand what he's going through, but the fact that Jihoon was willing to listen to him, touches him. He just met Jihoon, but he already feels comfortable around him. "Hm," Seungcheol hums under his breath, "Yeah...sometimes..."

"Seungcheol hyung!" A voice exclaims as the door to the restaurant is thrown open. The two turn to look at the door where an out of breath young-man in a white shirt and black pants approaches them. "Mingyu?" Seungcheol says in surprise, not expecting for him to be here. Jihoon stares at the stranger, wondering who he is and how he knows Seungcheol. Mingyu looks back at Jihoon with a suspicious look. Seungcheol sighs at their reactions, "Jihoon, this is Kim Mingyu. He's a friend of mine that works for my father. Mingyu, this is Lee Jihoon. I just met him today and he treated me to a meal."

"You met him today and he treated you to a meal?" Mingyu questions like it's the oddest thing ever.

Jihoon shifts uncomfortably, "I...uh...almost ran him over with my motorcycle and I wanted to apologize." The young man flashes Seungcheol another apologetic look. The vampire pats the human's thigh, telling him for the nth time that he is forgiven. Jihoon relaxes a little and flashes Seungcheol a small smile, which the vampire reciprocates. Mingyu eyes the two, wondering what the hell is going on. Since when has Seungcheol been friendly with humans? Since when has Seungcheol not been stiff amongst strangers? Mingyu clears his throat, "Seungcheol hyung, I've been looking for you."

"What, why?" Seungcheol asks.

"You've been gone for a couple hours," Mingyu answers, "This shouldn't be taking you this long and your father sent everyone out to search for you."

"Has it really been that long?" Seungcheol asks. Jihoon reaches into his pocket for his phone. He presses the button on the side and looks at the time. His eyes widen, "Yeah...it's been a couple of hours since we met. I guess we just got caught up in talking. I'm sorry if I took up a lot of your time..."

"Don't worry about it, Jihoon," Seungcheol says, "I enjoyed talking to you."

Jihoon grins, "Me too."

"Let me get this straight. You two were hanging here for hours?" Mingyu questions.

Seungcheol nods, "Don't be so surprised, Mingyu. I'm not antisocial..."

"Yeah, sure," Mingyu mutters.

"Well, I guess I need to go," Seungcheol says, "Father is calling and all." The man stands up and brushes at his clothes. He flashes Jihoon a small smile, having enjoyed his interaction with the human. Jihoon looks back at him and says in a hopeful tone, "Will I see you again?"

"Maybe," Seungcheol answers simply, not really knowing if he will ever see the human again. He would like to, but it's not like he frequently comes to the human world. Then again, he didn't have any reason to go before. Now...maybe Jihoon could be a reason for him coming back. "I would like to see you again," Jihoon states. Seungcheol's eyes widen at the human's words and looks down at him. Jihoon's head is tilted down to avoid eye contact with the man, but the faint color of pink can still be seen on his cheeks. A sweet smile forms on Seungcheol's face and he says in a quiet tone, "I would like that to." Jihoon slowly looks back up at Seungcheol, who is now avoiding eye contact out of embarrassment. Mingyu watches the two and shakes his head, still not understanding what is going on. He coughs, "Seungcheol hyung, we need to go."

Seungcheol nods, "Bye, Jihoon."

"Bye, Seungcheol," Jihoon says with a little wave.

≫ ──── ≪•◦ ❈ ◦•≫ ──── ≪

"What was that?" Mingyu asks as the two vampires walk back to the train that will take them back to their secret society.

"What was what?" Seungcheol questions.

"You and that human," Mingyu says, "What's up with the two of you?"

"One, his name is Jihoon," Seungcheol states, "Two, nothing. We were just talking."

"You were talking for hours!" Mingyu exclaims, "With someone that you just met. With a human!"

"I don't understand what you're trying to say," Seungcheol says.

Mingyu sighs, "Hyung, I know you. You have never just spoken to strangers...much less humans like you did back there. Usually, you're completely blank. Yet, you were talking to the hu-Jihoon like you would with the rest of the guys."

"It's not that big of a deal," Seungcheol says, knowing already what his friend is referring to. He wasn't acting like he normally would, but he couldn't help it. When he was with Jihoon, he felt safe. Relaxed. Comfortable. Like he didn't have to keep being the cold vampire prince, but rather just as himself. The one that he wishes he could be all the time. "It is a huge deal," Mingyu says, "That human got you to open up to him in a mere couple hours! Even the rest of the guys or I were able to do that!"

Seungcheol sighs, "I don't know what you want me to say, Mingyu." He knows it's weird, but what can he do about it. If Jihoon is able to get him to be himself, then he's able to. If anything, he should be happy that Seungcheol has someone that he doesn't need to worry about being cold around. "I just want to know why," Mingyu says, "Is there something going on between you two?"

"I just met him today," Seungcheol deadpans, "And he's a human, Mingyu."

"Yeah, yeah," Mingyu says, "I know. At least tell me that you got around to talking to our allies and finding places to be our safe houses before you ran into Jihoon." Seungcheol falls silent after that cause he didn't actually get anything done. He was going to go to check out the first location when he had almost been run down by the human. "Your silence is not reassuring," Mingyu states, "Your dad isn't going to be happy."

"Are you kidding me? He's gonna have a field day," Seungcheol says in a sarcastic tone, "He'll love getting the chance to rip me apart for screwing up my own plan."

Did you enjoy? There's nothing crazy happening just yet, but things will get exciting guys, so please stay tuned. If you enjoyed this chapter, it would be a lot to me if you could comment, vote, follow me, add this story to your library and check out my Romance One-shots book. I will see you all in the next chapter!

P.S. I am so proud of SVT. Woozi best producer period.