Chapter 2

Our intro to Lee Jihoon! Yay! I'm excited. I like this chapter even though nothing crazy happens in it. I won't spoil what happens, so go right ahead and read the chapter. I hope that you enjoy it 😁

Jihoon groans as his phone starts to ring beside him. He turns in bed and huffs as the sunlight hits his face. He shields his eyes with his hand and uses his other hand to grab his phone. "What?" Jihoon states.

"Are you just waking up now?" Daniel asks from over the phone.

"Yes," Jihoon grumbles, "What do you want?"

"Well, one you better get ready, you're gonna be late to work," Daniel says, "And two, I borrowed your car."

"You what!?" Jihoon shrieks, sitting up instantly.

"Borrowed your car," Daniel says, "My friend needed helping moving his couch. I hope you don't mind."

"Yes, I mind! Why didn't you tell me you were going to take my car! How the hell am I supposed to get to work?" Jihoon asks, eyeing the small digital clock at his bedside.

"Don't worry. I didn't leave you high and dry," Daniel answers, "I left my bike out front."

"Your motorcycle!? I can't ride that!" Jihoon exclaims.

"Well, you kind of have to if you want to get to work," Daniel says, "Don't worry, it isn't as hard as you think. I gotta go. I'll talk to you later."

"Daniel!" Jihoon shouts as his friend ends the call. Jihoon lowers his phone from his ear and lets out a breath in disbelief. Don't worry?! He's worrying. He could freaking die on a motorcycle. "I swear I will kill you, Kang Daniel," Jihoon groans. Daniel is one of Jihoon's closest friends, but sometimes he does things that drive him insane. I mean who goes over to their friend's apartment just to borrow their car and tell them that they're borrowing their car after borrowing it! He shakes his head and looks around his small bedroom. His bed is shoved against the corner and there's a small side table next to it. There's a window above the side table that has its flimsy blinds open. There's a tiny desk shoved beside a small closet. Jihoon sighs and glances at the time on his phone. He curses under his breath. He is going to be late if he waits around any longer. The young man clambers from bed and starts to get ready.

≫ ──── ≪•◦ ❈ ◦•≫ ──── ≪

Jihoon is putting his socks on when his phone starts to buzz. He huffs and staggers over to answer the video call. "Hyung!" Seokmin exclaims as he appears on the screen, "We're just calling to say that we're almost all packed up. Are you excited for our Lee Bro weekend!?"

"Don't call it that," Chan states, "It makes it sound like we're having a middle school sleepover party."

"You used to love our get togethers when Jihoon hyung was in college," Seokmin says with a pout.

Chan sighs, "Yeah, well, I was in middle school then."

"You're still a kid, Chan-ssi!" Seokmin teases, poking his younger brother's arm. Chan huffs and slaps away Seokmin's hand. Seokmin's nose wrinkles and he looks to Jihoon, "Hyung, Channie is being a bully."

"What do you want me to do about it?" Jihoon states as he finishes putting on his socks, "If you want some pity, go to eomma." Seokmin pouts again and crosses his arms. Jihoon shakes his head at his younger brother's antics. They are annoying sometimes, after all they are still his younger siblings, but they mean the world to him. Seokmin and Chan are the two most important people in Jihoon's lives. It's always been the three of them. With constantly busy parents and a family that would drive you insane, the three brothers only had each other to rely on. Jihoon may be the oldest and he does take care of the two younger ones, but they do the exact same for their hyung. Even as they grew older, their bond only seemed to get stronger. Jihoon has a lot of worries in life, but with his brothers by his side they don't seem that bad. Chan takes the phone from his brother's hand and tilts the screen towards himself, "We should be at your place at 12."

"Got it," Jihoon says, "I missed you guys."

"Aw, hyung! We missed you too," Seokmin exclaims, "Isn't that right, Channie?" The young man has a wide smile on his face which replaced his sulky one almost instantly. He pinches Chan's cheeks affectionately, much to the boy's chagrin. "I'm not a baby, hyung!" Chan exclaims, slapping at the hand that squeezes his cheek.

"Okay, okay," Seokmin says, moving his hand away, "Hey, hyung? Are you still at your apartment?" Jihoon nods as he grabs his phone and makes his way towards the door. He slips his shoes on and grabs a medium length jacket from the coat rack. He quickly slips a jacket on and grabs his keys from where they hang on a hook. "Why? Isn't it almost ten?" Chan asks, "Isn't that when your shift starts?"

"Yes," Jihoon says as he opens the door to his apartment and steps outside, "This is why you don't oversleep."

"Ah," Seokmin muses, "You should hurry. I wouldn't want Amy noona to fire you."

"Do not joke around about that," Jihoon states as he walks down the sidewalk, "Hey, if you get a call from the police or the hospital saying that I got in a car accident and died, don't be surprised."

"What? Why?" Chan asks. Jihoon sighs as he approaches Daniel's bike, which is parked right where his car was. He tilts his phone to show his younger brothers the bike, "Daniel borrowed my car and left me his bike."

"You're going to ride that?!" Seokmin shrieks, "Do you have a death wish?"

"No, but what choice do I have? I'm already late," Jihoon huffs, grabbing the helmet and slipping it onto his head, "Wish me luck."

"Luck," Chan states, "Be careful, hyung."

"Yeah, I don't want to get a call from the hospital," Seokmin says in a worried tone, "Drive safe. We'll talk to you later." Jihoon's younger brothers wave to him before ending the video call. Jihoon slips the phone into his jacket pocket and takes a deep breath. "It's just like riding a bike," Jihoon murmurs to himself, "No big deal."

≫ ──── ≪•◦ ❈ ◦•≫ ──── ≪

Jihoon lets out a breath as he makes a turn to the right. So far, he hasn't been doing terribly. No car has honked at him and he hasn't got into an accident. Maybe, he really was worrying for nothing. He's actually not too bad at this. Yeah, he could probably ride Daniel's bike for hours and be fine. Not that he wants to. Jihoon makes another turn to the left, nearing his workplace. Unlike the last turn he made, this one is a bit different. Mainly, cause just as he turns someone is walking out onto the street. Jihoon's eyes widen as he slams on the breaks, his breath catching in his throat.

Ack! Cliffhanger...eh? Sort of? Not really? Kang Daniel and the Lee line are like my favorite parts of this chapter. I just love their relationships with Jihoon. Anyway, who do you all think is going to happen next. Let me know in the comments. Also, please vote, follow me, add this story to your library and check out my Romance One-shots for more Jicheol from me. I hope you have a great weekend and I'll see you all next time ❤️