Chapter 16

Hello! I have a new chapter for you all today. It's shorter cause my summer classes are starting and I'm heading out to the painful wilderness to camp where there is no wifi, so I threw this together as fast as I could. Nonetheless, I hope that you still enjoy it. We finally have another Jicheol interaction, but it's not exactly fluffy. You'll see what I mean. So, I'll stop talking and let you all read!

Jihoon touches the bandage around his neck as he sips his water. When he woke up a couple of hours ago, he felt confused and disoriented. When he found the dried blood and the open wound, it all came back to him. The man in the alley. His teeth sinking into his neck and so much pain. After that things got fuzzy. He remembers falling limp in the man's hold and then someone came to save him. Seungcheol came. Yes, it was Seungcheol. Somehow he had found him and had shoved the man off of him. Next thing Jihoon remembers is being brought to his apartment in what felt like less than a second. Seungcheol's voice and his promise to explain everything. And then darkness. Jihoon patched himself up after staring at the two puncture wounds on the side of his neck. He had tried to make sense of what they were caused by. He had watched enough movies to notice that they resemble a vampire bite, but that was ridiculous. There's no such thing. He went back to retrieve his car from Chanyeol's bar around midday. When he got there, he stared at the alley where it had all gone down. It appeared normal to him. Like nothing had happened hours before. Jihoon wondered if he imagined it all, but then he remembered the injury on his neck and he knows for sure it was real. Oh, and the fact that his entire front door is broken and off its hinges. How in the world did that happen? He's been replaying the events of last night for hours. Even now as he sips his drink, he's trying to make sense of it all. No matter what he does, there's still lots of gaps that he doesn't understand. Who was that man? Why did he attack him? How had Seungcheol found him? How did he rescue him? How did he break down the door to get into his apartment? He has too many questions and absolutely no answers. Seungcheol said that he would explain, but the man never came back. And about that...explain what? Does Seungcheol know that guy? Does he have something to do with the fact that he was attacked? What does Seungcheol know that Jihoon doesn't? Who is Seungcheol? Jihoon realized then that he didn't really know a lot about Seungcheol. At least in regards to his background and such. He said that he was a chaebol, but Jihoon feels like he would've recognized the heir to some company. Unless that was a lie. And if that's a lie, that means that Seungcheol isn't who he says he. And if Seungcheol has been lying to him...who or what is he? Jihoon sighs, this is exactly why he was being wary when he first realized his affections for the man. He had jumped the gun. He has no clue who Seungcheol really is. And even though he knows that, there's still a part of him that yearns to see him again. Not for answers, but just to see him. Jihoon wishes that he's just overreacting and Seungcheol is really just who he says he is. But, he'll never know for sure until Seungcheol explains himself. "Jihoon," A voice states. Jihoon's eyes widen and he quickly raises his glass into the air. He preps it to throw at the intruder and turns to look at who it is. "Seungcheol?" Jihoon questions, lowering the glass to the counter, "How did you get into my place?"

"Uh...the door's kinda..." Seungcheol says.

Jihoon's eyes widen and he nods, remembering his missing door, "Right." He's going to have to call someone about that. Jihoon makes a mental note of that before putting his full attention on Seungcheol. The man bounces anxiously on the balls of his feet and he's avoiding Jihoon's gaze. "It took you long enough to come back," Jihoon states, "You said you would explain everything."

"I know. I'm sorry. I had some issues to deal with," Seungcheol says.

"With the company?" Jihoon asks.

Seungcheol shakes his head, "With the newborn that attacked you."

"Newborn?" Jihoon questions, "Do you know who attacked me."

Seungcheol purses his lips together, "No...not personally. I know what he is, but not who he is."

"What does that even mean?" Jihoon asks, "Seungcheol, I'm really confused. I've been trying to piece together all of this for hours and I still can't make sense of it. All I've done is start to feel suspicious of you..."

"You have every right to be," Seungcheol sighs, "I wasn't entirely truthful to you Jihoon...I have some explaining to do. A lot of explaining..."

"No shit," Jihoon mutters. Seungcheol walks into the kitchen, keeping his distance from Jihoon, something that the human appreciates. Jihoon can't help but be a bit wary of Seungcheol now that he's confirmed that he has lied to him. "What do you remember about last night?" Seungcheol asks.

"Enough," Jihoon says, "I remember the man coming after me and then his weird teeth...and then he...he bit me...everything got a bit fuzzy after that but then you came and saved me I think...you brought me home..."

"Yeah," Seungcheol says.

"Who was he?" Jihoon asks, "Who are you?"

"He was a newborn vampire," Seungcheol states. Jihoon blinks, in pure disbelief of Seungcheol's words. If he didn't want to tell him the truth, he at least could have come up with a more plausible excuse. Vampires? Really? What world does he think he lives in? This isn't freaking Twilight! "I'm not stupid, Seungcheol," Jihoon says, "You don't need to explain your lie with another one."

"I'm not lying to you, Jihoon," Seungcheol states in a genuine tone, "That man from last night really was a vampire. And...I am too...."

And the cats out of the bag! How do you think Jihoon is going to react? What will he say? Will he be in denial? Will he fear Seungcheol? You're going to have to wait and find out. I know this chapter was pretty short, but I think it's for the best so that we can focus on streaming SVT's new MV and full album! Omg I'm in love. I was dying when all the teasers came out and dying on their anniversary day. I'm just so happy and I hope you all show a lot of love to the new album as well. Anyway, one last thing about this story, please comment, follow me, vote, add this story to your library, and check out my Romance One-shots! Bye Caratdeuls :)

P.S. Thank you SVT for sticking together and bringing me happiness everyday. You will forever be the youth that I cling on to.