Chapter 3

Hello! I am back! I hope you all had a great Thanksgiving and Black Friday. I was planning on posting this yesterday, but I was so tired after all the prepping and cooking on Thursday that I passed out early. Anyway, here is the newest chapter of this story. I hope that you all enjoy it!

Jihoon groans as his head snaps back after hitting the brakes. He turns to look at the person that he almost ran over. It's a man in his early twenties wearing a dark blue button down and black pants. His black hair is slicked back and he has broad shoulders that fill out his shirt. He's a rather handsome man, but his aura gives you that sort of stay away feel. He has a straight face on and isn't moving. He looks back at Jihoon with piercing eyes that send a shiver down his spine. Jihoon takes a deep breath and slowly takes the helmet off of his head, "Are you okay?" He gets off the bike and approaches the man. "I'm sorry about that," Jihoon says in a worried tone, "I should have been paying more attention. Are you hurt?"

"No," The man states, "I'm fine."

"Are you sure? I feel really bad," Jihoon says. He curses at Daniel in his head. He wouldn't be in this situation if his friend hadn't borrowed his car. "All good," The man answers, "I should be going." Jihoon blinks as the man starts to walk away. Before he gets far, Jihoon grabs onto his wrist. The man turns to glare at him, "What are you doing?" Jihoon takes a step back and releases the man's hand. "Sorry, I just...let me make it up to you," Jihoon says, "I could have killed you."

"Already dead," The man mutters.

"W-what?" Jihoon stutters, wondering if he heard that correctly.

"I said you don't need to," The man states, "I'm not injured. We're all good."

Jihoon shakes his head, "Please. It would make me feel a lot better if I at least apologized by buying you a meal or something." The man stares at Jihoon with his cold eyes. He scans the young man up and down, almost as if he's sizing him up. Jihoon shifts a little, not knowing what the man he almost ran over us doing. "You're not going to let me go unless I say yes. Are you?" The man questions. Jihoon shrugs and flashes the man a small smile. "Fine," The man states.

Jihoon smiles, "Great. Let me just call into work. I'm already late as it is. It's better to just use my sick days then risk getting fired for being late."

≫ ──── ≪•◦ ❈ ◦•≫ ──── ≪

"You've never eaten jajamyeon!" Jihoon shrieks as they two are seated in a small restaurant. There are one or two other people sitting around them, but other than that the place is pretty empty. The man shakes his head, "Nope."

"That is sad," Jihoon states, "Well, I'm glad that I will be the first one to introduce you to the dish. This place has the best jajamyeon that I've ever eaten. I'm Lee Jihoon, by the way."

"Choi Seungcheol," The man answers.

"Nice to meet you, Seungcheol-ssi," Jihoon states, "Would have been better if we met in another situation...I'm sorry again about almost hitting you..."

"Stop saying sorry," Seungcheol says in an even tone, "It's done."

"Right," Jihoon says, "You see that bike isn't even mine. It's my friend's. He borrowed my car and I needed to get to work. I had to take his bike. I told him that it was a bad idea and see...I was right! I mean I almost ran you over!"

"Do you always freak out like this?" Seungcheol asks.

Jihoon shrugs, "I mean when it comes to something as big as almost killing a person...l guess so..."

Seungcheol nods, "Interesting..."

"Okay..." Jihoon murmurs, not understanding why this man is so eerily calm, especially after almost being mowed down by a motorcycle. Jihoon continues to chatter as the two wait for their food. Seungcheol doesn't speak much, rather keeping his eyes locked on Jihoon as he blabbers on. The vampire is rather intrigued by the human who almost "killed" him. There's something interesting about him that Seungcheol can't put his finger on. He wonders if all humans are this interesting, if so it made sense as to why his people kept coming back to this world. After a bit of time, their bowls of jajamyeon are placed in front of them. Seungcheol sniffs and can't help as his mouth waters at the scent. He doesn't need to eat anything except for blood, but for some reason he really wants to try this noodle dish. "Eat up," Jihoon says, chopsticks already in his hand. Seungcheol nods and picks up the chopsticks as well. The vampire picks up a noodle and brings it to his mouth. Before he can eat it, the sound of blowing distracts him. Seungcheol looks to his right and can't help but smile as he sees Jihoon. The young man's face is puffed up as he blows on the noodles in an attempt to cool it down. Jihoon does this for another second before shoveling the noodles into his mouth. Seungcheol smirks as the young man gets sauce on his face as he slurps up the jajamyeon. He reaches forward and wipes at the corner of the young man's mouth, startling him. "Uh...thanks," Jihoon stutters out, his face starting to turn pink. Seungcheol nods and slowly brings the noodles to his mouth. His eyes widen as the flavor touches his tongue. He starts to eat at a more rapid pace, not understanding what makes these noodles so good to warrant this type of reaction. Jihoon laughs beside him, a sound that Seungcheol finds nice for some reason. "I told you it was good!" Jihoon states.