Chapter 10

Hi, Carats! How are you all? I hope you've been well. I have a new chapter for you that I hope you enjoy. I don't have much else to say so please go right ahead and read chapter 10!

Seungcheol bursts into the vampire library. It's a musky place with little light except for a couple of lamps. Not many come here unless old vampire texts are needed. This is where the stories of the vampires' ancestors live, telling of their tales of the past. There's no one inside except for a man with glasses on his face near a shelf. He flashes Seungcheol a pointed look for causing a commotion during his entrance. "Sorry," Seungcheol murmurs, "Have you seen Wonwoo?"

"My son is in his office," The vampire says. Seungcheol nods and heads towards the room behind the main desk. He doesn't even bother knocking before entering the office. Wonwoo is sitting on a chair with a book in his hand. He looks up at Seungcheol with curious eyes. "Hello, hyung," Wonwoo says, grabbing a bookmark from beside him and slipping it into his book. He places the book onto the side table next to him and gives the vampire prince his full attention. "Hey," Seungcheol mutters. He paces back and forth anxiously, something on his mind. "What's wrong?" Wonwoo asks, watching as his friend moves.

"You're smart, aren't you?" Seungcheol asks.

Wonwoo shrugs, "Smarter than Soonyoung. Is something wrong?"

"I think I'm attracted to Jihoon," Seungcheol blurts out. Wonwoo nods, unaffected by his words. Seungcheol frowns, wondering why Wonwoo isn't reacting. "Hello? Did you hear me? I just said I think I like Jihoon!" Seungcheol exclaims.

Wonwoo nods, "Yeah, I heard."

"Then why are you so calm!" Seungcheol exclaims.

"I've known you had a thing for him since you first met him," Wonwoo says, "We all did. I think some of the guys actually bet on how long it would take you to figure it out. I, of course, did not participate."

Seungcheol scowls, "How come no one told me?!"

"We all told you," Wonwoo says, "You just choose to ignore us and brush it off."

Seungcheol sighs, "What am I supposed to do now?"

"How would I know? This is your crush, Seungcheol hyung. Not mine," Wonwoo says.

"He's human, Wonwoo," Seungcheol says, "And he has no idea I'm a vampire...if he were to ever find out..."

"I have a feeling he wouldn't mind," Wonwoo says, "From what you've told me about him, he doesn't seem like one to judge."

"That doesn't change the fact that he's still human!" Seungcheol says, "It's against the law!"

Wonwoo chuckles, "You're such a rule-follower. Be a little rebellious, your highness. Do you really believe every vampire follows every law your father has in place? I am sure some are in relationships with humans. And if they are...why can't you?"

"Cause they're not the crown prince of the vampire society!" Seungcheol cries, "They don't have the King and Queen as their parents! I can't like Jihoon! If my parents find out about him, they'll kill him! They'll make up some crap about how he used his human germs to infect me! I can't have that happening! How do I stop liking someone!?"

"Time," Wonwoo says, "You have to let your affection run its course and eventually die out. That only works though if you want to actually stop liking him." Seungcheol sighs and purses his lips. He knows he can't like Jihoon, but can he really just stop. He doesn't want to. That would mean that he can't be near the human. He can't go see him in order to put a stop to his feelings for Jihoon. Can he do that? At the moment, he can't stop thinking about the human. About the day they've spent together. Something that Seungcheol can't help but think of as one of the best days of his life. For the first time in a long while, he was happy. Can he push that all aside? "You don't want to stop," Wonwoo says, "Do you?"