Chapter 14

Hi! How are you all doing? I am here with a new chapter for you. It takes place in the aftermath of all the craziness in the last. It's definitely more mild compared to the last and shorter too, but I hope that you still enjoy!

Seungcheol enters his father's study without a knock. He knows it isn't right for him to enter a private room of the King, but he can't bring himself to care. He has something urgent to say and he isn't going to wait for his father to grant him an audience. Screw the formalities. The King is sitting on his large desk which takes up most of his study. Across from him is a bookshelf with the personal journals of past vampire Kings and other scrolls meant only for the eyes of the vampire ruler. The room is dark and with no windows. The only light comes from an old dim one on the ceiling and a dinky desk lamp. The King sits with a quill in hand and a bunch of papers around him. Looming above his plush seat is a painting of the royal family. Seungcheol keeps his face as straight as possible, trying to reel in the anger that still bubbles inside of him. He tosses the head and limp body of the newborn vamp to the floor. They hit the ground with a thud causing the King to raise his eyebrow in question. "What are you doing here, Seungcheol? I don't recall requesting for you much less with a dead vampire," The King states.

"I apologize for the intrusion, but this is important," Seungcheol says, "This is not just a vampire. This is a-,"

"Newborn," The King finishes, "I am aware. Just killed as well."

"I found him about to drain a human in the human world," Seungcheol states. He clenches his hands into fists, the image of the vampire drinking from Jihoon appearing in his mind again. "What were you doing in the human world?" The King asks, "I specifically banned you from returning. Do you not remember the warning I gave you?" Seungcheol scoffs at his father's words. That's all he has to say. He's brought him a slain newborn vampire and all he cares about is that he was in the human world. "I do not think that matters," Seungcheol says, "I believe we have a more pressing issue at the moment."

"The only issue that matters to me is the fact that you went against my orders," The King states, "I said what I said to keep you safe. How can I do that if you keep popping into the human world whenever you please? You have more sense than this, Seungcheol. You aren't a child!"

Seungcheol shakes his head, "As you can see, I am fine. I only went there for a couple of minutes. Can we please discuss this?" He points to the decapitated newborn that still lies on the floor. "I would much rather speak to you about your punishment for your actions," The King says.

Seungcheol frowns, "How can you be this worried about me going to the human world? How can you be focused on that and not the fact that someone broke a law and turned a human into a vampire!?" His blood boils in his veins. His father is the King. He should be upset that someone broke the rules. He should be scourging for the cause of this newborn. He shouldn't be fretting over Seungcheol. Whoever turned this human needs to be found and punished for their crimes. For turning a human and allowing it to roam free and almost kill Jihoon. The vampire that did this deserves to suffer for what they did. The King sighs, "I will have my people look into it. It's clear that you are upset about this situation. I have no idea why, but you should take some time to cool off. Go rest in your room. I am sure by tomorrow we will have found the culprit." Seungcheol nods his head and quickly bows. At least, his father is doing something to find the vampire that caused this. Seungcheol swears, if he sees the vampire that brought up the newborn, he will kill him himself.

≫ ──── ≪•◦ ❈ ◦•≫ ──── ≪

Seungcheol enters his room in a blaze of anger. He slams the doors against the wall hard, startling his friends, who still are camping out in his room. Seungcheol shuts the doors behind him just as hard and he stomps over to his bed. He sits down and crosses his arms, a scowl appearing across his face. His friends exchange glances with one another, wondering what the hell is going on with their friend. "Hansol told us you went to the human world," Wonwoo says, "What's going on hyung?"

"There was a newborn vampire," Seungcheol says, "He was attacking Jihoon. I had to save him." The room falls silent and the friends all look at the vampire prince in disbelief. Suddenly, Seungkwan's laugh cuts through the quiet, "A newborn? Ha! That's hilarious." Seungcheol looks at the other with a serious look, making Seungkwan's laughter stop and a frown appears on his face. "You're not joking," Seungkwan murmurs as Seungcheol shakes his head.

"Is Jihoon alright?" Mingyu asks.

Seungcheol nods, "I got there before the vampire finished draining him. He was really out of it, but I think he'll be okay..."

"He's going to have questions," Jun says.

"I know," Seungcheol states, "I plan on telling him everything."

"Everything?" Minghao echoes.

Seungcheol nods, "Everything. I trust him not to say anything, but that's the least of my worries now. I'm more focused on finding the one who caused all of this."

"Yeah, I mean, someone broke the law and turned a human," Jeonghan says, "Where is the newborn anyway?"

"I killed it," Seungcheol answers plainly. His friends' eyes widen and they look at the prince in shock. "What?" Seungcheol shrugs, "He was hurting Jihoon."

"No wonder you busted in here like the Hulk," Hansol comments, "You're still running off of pure anger."

"Can you blame me?" Seungcheol questions, "I went to get something for us to eat only to hear Jihoon scream from miles away. I rush to the human world and see this newborn sucking the life out of him! His entire body limp and his eyes turning in on themselves!!!"

"Okay, okay," Jeonghan says, "Calm down. We know how you must have felt."

Seungcheol nods, "I just hope my father will find whoever did this and punish him."

"He will," Wonwoo says, "The King has a system in place to help him find the culprit were there ever to be a newborn turned. As long as you brought the newborn's body, he should have no issue finding the culprit."

"That's good to hear," Seungcheol mutters, "Whoever did this deserves to pay for his crimes." Jeonghan pats the prince on his shoulders, which are tense with the anger that still fuels his entire body. "You need to relax," Jeonghan murmurs, "Jihoon is safe and the King will have the culprit arrested in no time. You have nothing to worry about." Seungcheol nods and takes a deep breath, trying his best to reel in his anger. Seungkwan shakes his head, "Am I the only one that's freaking out about all of this? I mean a newborn?! What gives!?"

"No," Jun says, "Of course not. This is insane. All of it."

"Agreed. I mean how can all of this be happening? We've been living in peace for years and now all of this? Between the killings and now a random newborn? What the hell is going on?" Soonyoung mutters.

"I wish I knew..." Seungcheol murmurs

Ooooo, how do you think Jihoon is going to react to the truth? What about all these crazy things happening? Any predictions? Let me know. I am really excited for what's to come for this story and I hope you are all too. It would mean a lot if you could show me some support in the comments, by following me, adding this story to your library, and checking out my Romance one-shots...(which will soon have a new jicheol os that may become a spin off....I could use your opinions again :)