Chapter 5

Hello! Welcome to Chapter 5 of this lovely story. I hope that you are all had an amazing day filled with holiday cheer. This is my special gift for you. I hope that you enjoy it. I don't have much to say other than that, so let's get this show on the road!

"What were you even doing in the human realm!?" The King exclaims, "You had one job and that was to find a way for our people to be safe during their travels to the human world. This was your idea after all and you seem to have messed the entire thing up. You are absolutely pathetic, Choi Seungcheol!"

"As I said before, I ran into some issues," Seungcheol states with gritted teeth. He tried to keep his explanation to his father to the bare minimum. There's no reason for the King to know about the human that had almost run over the crown prince. It's better for everyone's sake if Seungcheol didn't mention exactly what he was doing during all those hours in the human world. "That is no excuse!" The Queen bellows from beside her husband. They are gathered within the throne room. It's filled with natural bright light and there is a huge intricate chandelier hanging from the ceiling. At the far back there is a raised level and two large thrones where the King and Queen are sitting. They are grand with plush black red cushions and silver trimmings. The King and Queen are outfitted in matching clothes, extravagant capes hanging around their bodies and tall crowns atop their heads. "I told your father that allowing your plan to go through would be a bad idea," The Queen states, "I was right."

"It can still work," Seungcheol says, "Give me another chance."

The King chuckles, "You think you deserve another chance! You don't get second chances when you mess up, Seungcheol! You are going to be King! You can't expect for things to go wrong and then make up for it later!"

"Everyone makes mistakes," Seungcheol murmurs.

"But, not you," The Queen growls, "You cannot afford to mess up! Not when you will one day be the head of our race! This is why your father and I can never trust you to do anything. You are just not ready!"

"I can make this right," Seungcheol says, trying to keep his tone even. He doesn't need his parents to start heckling at him for not keeping up a proper composure in front of the King and Queen. They're already mad at him as is. "No," The King states, "You cannot. I am not giving you a second chance."

"Use this as a learning opportunity. You are not yet ready to be making decisions like this," The Queen says, "You still have much to learn." Seungcheol clenches his hands into fists, fueling all his anger into his tightened hands. He doesn't know if it's his passion for this project or just the fact that he wants to be given permission to go back to the human world, but he can't give it up. "Father, please, I can fix this," Seungcheol says, "I will get it done."

"What do you not understand by the word no!?" The King exclaims, "You should be lucky I even gave you a single chance. I won't be making this mistake again."

"This is the first time I have ever been given a shot to do anything for our people! Just because you think that I am doing bad doesn't mean that I actually am! I only want what is best for all of us and I am sure that my plan is it!" Seungcheol exclaims in a sudden outburst of emotion. The King and Queen eyes widen at their son's reaction. They don't speak, in pure disbelief that their son had dared to yell at them. Seungcheol takes a deep breath and slowly regains his composure, "I apologize for that, but Father...mother...when have I ever reacted like that about anything. You must see how passionate I am about this. Can you still say no to me about this?" The leaders both fall silent, their gazes staying locked on their child. Seungcheol looks back at his parents, his eyes burning with a fire that doesn't look like it can be quelled. It's something that his parents can't make sense of. It's something that Seungcheol himself can't make sense of. Since when has he ever stood up to his parents before? Since when has he not kept his composure about these sorts of things? It's like when he came back from the world of the living, he's an entirely different person. There's regret stirring inside of his stomach, but at the same time he can't bring himself to retract his earlier statement. He could only hope that his parents wouldn't kill him for his words because there is zero chance the King will give him another chance. "Fine," The King states, "But, if you mess up one more time, we will never speak of this manner again and you will keep silent about your plans for the next three decades." Or maybe not. Seungcheol looks up at his father with wide eyes, shocked at his words. Did he actually just give him another shot? "You are lucky your father has chosen to be lenient with you," The Queen says, "I, on the other hand, not so much. I am not happy with that tone you took with us, Seungcheol."