Chapter 27

Hello, hello! How are you all doing today, Carats? I have a new chapter for you filled with Jicheol moments. It's been a hot second since we had a Jicheol centric chapter so I'm excited to dive into this. We're going to leave the crazy mysteries for a bit and just enjoy some meeting the parents craziness. I hope that you enjoy!

Jihoon lays on his bed with his phone in his hand. He stares up at it, scrolling through his friend's social media and sorts. Mingyu had dropped him off a couple of hours ago. Jihoon surprisingly got along pretty well with the vampire. He's kind and cheerful and sort of reminds him like a puppy. A very clumsy one, but still. It was even better when Mingyu didn't seem fazed by his sharp personality. He accepted his snarky comments and even said back some of his own. Something that not few do. Jihoon likes to think that he found a friend in Kim Mingyu. Albeit, Jihoon wasn't trying to make another friend. He doesn't exactly want to be more involved with vampires, but whatever. Mingyu is a good kid even though he actually is a hell of a lot older than Jihoon. If he was shoved in a room with the vampire, Jihoon feels like they would be able to live side by side and get along fairly well. Suddenly, Jihoon's phone starts to buzz and a notification pops up. He frowns when he sees the caller ID. He stares at it for another second before sighing and picking up the call. "Hello, eomma," Jihoon says.

"Jihoon!" His mother exclaims, "How are you doing?"

"Great," Jihoon says, "How are you?"

"Fine, fine," The woman says in an overly sweet tone. Jihoon shifts a bit in bed, wondering why his mother had contacted him. She clearly has something to say. His mom isn't one to call just to check up on him. They've never been close enough to do that sort of thing. "Is there anything new going on in your life?" She asks.

"Not really," Jihoon murmurs, still not understanding what the purpose of this conversation is.

"Are you sure?" His mother questions, "There's no one new in your life that you wish to tell me about." Jihoon frowns. Is his mother referring to who he thinks she's referring to? If so, how the hell did she find out? It's not like he announced his dating status to the world. He didn't even update it on his social media accounts, which he doubts his mother would be on anyway. "Hello? Jihoon?" His mother questions. Jihoon groans internally. Does he really have to tell her about his boyfriend? She seems to already have some idea of him. Albeit he hasn't the faintest idea why. Not to mention, Mrs. Lee isn't one to allow lying. Jihoon sighs, not looking forward to what his mother has to say when he reveals the new man in his life. "Actually, I am dating someone," Jihoon says, "It's a recent thing..."

"And you didn't tell me about it!" His mom exclaims, "I am ashamed."

"Well, you know, we're not exactly close," Jihoon murmurs.

His mom scoffs, "Please, we may not be tied at the hip, but I expected you to have at least shared with me if you have a boyfriend. I would much rather have found out from you than Seokmin." Of course. Seokmin told her. Maybe not on purpose. Probably not on purpose. That boy is too loud for his own good sometimes. "As I said before, it's a recent thing," Jihoon says.

"Hm," His mother says, "You already know how I feel about relationships."

"Yes, yes," Jihoon mutters, "If this is your way of telling me to call things off, I'm not breaking up with him. You can't make me."

"I suppose not," His mother muses, "But, this isn't what this call is about."

"Then, what is it about?" Jihoon questions.

"I would like to meet the lad," His mom answers. Jihoon stiffens at his mother's words. That is a recipe for disaster. Between his crazy parents and the fact that Seungcheol is a vampire, things can only end up one way. Horrible. "Isn't it a bit hasty to meet the parents?" Jihoon asks, "We've barely been dating for a week."