Chapter 35

Hello! I am back with a new chapter for you all. This takes place right after the last chapter. I have nothing else to say so I hope you enjoy. Happy reading!

"Answer that for me," Seungcheol says as he makes a right turn at the light. Seokmin nods his head and clicks the green button that popped up on the screen within the car. The two vampires are heading back to the vampire society after hanging out with Jihoon for another couple hours. The human made them both promise to visit before sending them off and telling them to drive carefully. They've been driving for a while now and have about an hour left before they arrive at the society. "Seungcheol," Jeonghan says in a dark tone over the phone, "How far are you?"

"We should be back soon," Seungcheol answers, "Why?"

"You know how you asked me to look into how your parents found out about Soonyoung and Seokmin?" Jeonghan questions.

"Yeah," Seungcheol says, "Did you find out how?"

"I did and you're not going to be too happy about it," Jeonghan states, "They had someone tail you. Throughout the society and every time you left for the human world. One of the King's secret guard....the most highly trained vampires in our society..."

"Shit," Seungcheol murmurs, "I knew they didn't trust me and they've been suspicious about what I've been doing in the human world, but I never thought that they would do this. Any idea how much the guy watching me has found out?"

"Well, he found out about Soonyoung and Seokmin that's for sure," Jeonghan says, "And I don't doubt that he's found out about Jihoon." Seungcheol slams the brakes suddenly making the car jerk forward and Seokmin's head snap back. The cars behind them start to honk, but Seungcheol doesn't pay them any mind. He turns the wheel and quickly U-turns, heading back towards Jihoon's. "Seungcheol? Seungcheol!?" Jeonghan exclaims, "What are you doing?"

"I...I think we're going back to Jihoon hyung's place," Seokmin says.

"You've got to be kidding me. Choi freaking Seungcheol! Stop what you're doing right now!" Jeonghan huffs.

"You said they know about Jihoon," Seungcheol states, "If they know...then he's in danger. I need to protect him."

"You've been being followed for a while now. For all we know, your parents have known about Jihoon for just as long," Jeonghan says, "They haven't acted against him yet. You don't need to freak out."

"They haven't yet. What if today's the day they do!?" Seungcheol yells, "I need to be by his side...if something happens to him...if my parents do something to him."

"Will you calm the hell down?" Jeonghan says, "You're not thinking straight."

"They wouldn't...would they?" Seokmin asks in a quiet voice, "The King and Queen...would they actually go after my hyung."

Jeonghan sighs, "Jihoon is a human that has captured the affections of the crown prince of the society. Relationships like that are banned from within the society. You know this full well, Seokmin. It's even stricter for the crown prince. He's expected to marry someone of noble vampire blood. That is the path of a crown prince. Except, recently, that path has changed. Since Jihoon and Seungcheol started dating, Seungcheol hasn't been the same. He doesn't go along with his parents' word as often. He fights back against their sayings. He stands for what he believes in. He's become a stronger and more defiant crown prince. One that will take action into his own hands and fight for his beliefs. The King and Queen fear that. You know that they only serve on the throne for as long as they are alive, which is forever unless they are killed. It's happened before...the crown prince offing his father in order to capture the throne. It's how Seungcheol's grandfather ascended. They don't want a repeat of that with Seungcheol. That's why they had someone spy on him. Find who or what is making him act out and report back to them. If they find out that Jihoon is the reason for Seungcheol's new behavior, they won't hesitate to remove him from the picture."