Chapter 37

Hi! Happy April! How are you all doing? I am back with another chapter for you all to enjoy. I don't have much to say but we are back with Jihoon for this one. We get some nice Lee bros moments and some Mingyu bodyguard moments as well. I won't say more than that, so please enjoy this chapter!

"How have you been?" Jihoon asks as he walks through the park by Chan's side. His younger brother had suddenly appeared at Joshua's apartment less than an hour ago with bags filled with his clothes. Chan said that he was staying until further notice and Jihoon didn't bother to argue with him. He knew his friend wouldn't care much either. After the short funeral, Jihoon had went back home since he couldn't get any more days off of work. He didn't get much time to speak with Chan. He had left messages, but the younger chose to leave him on read. Jihoon let him be, knowing that if Chan really wanted to talk to him he would. He could only wonder what the younger Lee is going through. He has no idea that Seokmin is still alive. He's still mourning. It doesn't help that their family aren't exactly the type to cry over a loss like this, finding it rather a good thing that the soul of the deceased is crossing the bridge into a new life. "Okay," Chan answers in a dull tone.

"If you need me or want to talk, I'm here," Jihoon says.

"Yeah," Chan mutters. Jihoon stares at Chan, who has a blank expression on his face. Although he doesn't appear that affected, Jihoon can tell his little brother is in a lot of pain. He wouldn't have rushed over here like this if he's alright. He wishes that he could tell Chan that Seokmin is okay. He really does, but he couldn't help but agree with the decision that his vampire brother made. Chan is only in high school. He doesn't need the added stress and craziness that comes from knowing of vampire kind. It's enough that both of the older Lee sons are dating vampires. Between Seokmin turning into one of the creatures and walking on eggshells following his almost execution within the society, things were a bit nuts. Not to mention, the fact that the King and Queen know about Jihoon's relationship with Seungcheol and may send assassins at any time. Chan doesn't need to know about any of this. The kid deserves to live his life and that's why he can't know about Seokmin. "What about you?" Chan asks, "How are you holding up?"

"Better than I thought," Jihoon says, trying his best to act like he is still broken up about his brother's not death.

Chan sighs, "I wish I was the same."

"Mourning isn't a race," Jihoon says.

"I know that," Chan states, "I'm just tired of it all. I just wish he didn't..."

"I know," Jihoon murmurs, "I wish the same thing..."

"You know I keep thinking that he's still here. I go through my everyday life as if he had never passed at all...it isn't until he isn't there that I remember that he's gone," Chan says with a faraway look in his eye, "I get off from school and I expect him to be there to pick me up. He would be in his car and I would get in the passenger's seat. He would pinch my cheeks and ask did my Channie have a good day at school? Like he was eomma or something. I would always yell at him for pinching me and he would say that he can't help it cause I was too adorable. His car would always be stocked with junk food for me to eat. He would buy a whole shelf from that convenience store down the street before coming to my school. He would never touch any of it even though I told him he bought it so he should eat it too. He would always insist that the snacks are for me and me only. Now...I keep walking out of school thinking he'll be there and he isn't...and I'm walking home bawling my eyes out while people stare at me..." Jihoon imagines his brother doing such a thing. He used to do that for Seokmin when he was in middle school, it makes sense why his brother would continue doing so for Chan. He knows how much Seokmin enjoyed it, having his cool hyung pick him up in his car. Chan may find Seokmin over the top, but it's clear the younger really treasured that car ride. "And then some nights, when Seokmin hyung had a late shift at his job, he wouldn't come back home until late," Chan says, his voice shaking a bit and his eyes becoming glassy, "He would come directly into my room even though he was exhausted and should be getting ready for bed or something. He would come over with the widest smile ever and hug me until I couldn't breathe. He would always ask if I missed him or not. I would always say no...I was joking of course...he knew that...I hope he knows that..."