Chapter 18

This is another shorter chapter, but I hope that you still enjoy it. Nothing crazy happens but we delve into Seungcheol's relationship with Jeonghan a bit and bring up some questions about Jihoon's reaction last chapter. I won't say anymore or else I would have pretty much summed up the chapter. I hope that you all enjoy it!

"You told him everything?" Jeonghan asks from where he leans against the balcony. Seungcheol nods as he moves to stand beside his friend. The sun is setting and there's a nice breeze blowing. When he returned to the society, Seungcheol was thankful to hear that Soonyoung had covered for him, saying that the crown prince wasn't feeling well. Everyone bought it, including his parents. Seungcheol had never been more grateful. He had thanked Soonyoung before going to his room. Only to be met by Jeonghan, who was staring at the sky. "How did he take it?" Jeonghan asks.

"Fairly well," Seungcheol answers.

"Meaning?" Jeonghan questions.

"Well, he didn't run away screaming and calling me a creature of the dark," Seungcheol states, "He just said that even after finding all of this out...he doesn't like me any less than he's always had..."

"Like you, huh?" Jeonghan murmurs.

Seungcheol eyebrows raise, "Why do you sound so bummed? You seemed all for me admitting my feelings for Jihoon or vice versa."

"Well, things are a bit different," Jeonghan says, "That was before you told him about us."

"Why? He accepted me," Seungcheol says, "I was surprised at first, but he really did Jeonghan. His eyes were sincere." The prince glances at his friend, whose mouth is set in a straight-line. "What is it?" Seungcheol asks, "What's wrong?"

"I don't know," Jeonghan states, "I'm happy for you, really, I am. But, I'm worried. Did he not have any reservations at all about you telling him he's a vamp?"

"He suggested we get to know each other better first," Seungcheol says, "Since it's clear we really don't know each other that well, but he's still giving us a shot. He still likes me and I still like him. We're going to continue hanging out and stuff..."

"But, other than that, he was okay with all of it?" Jeonghan asks. Seungcheol shrugs and nods his head. "I don't think you should have told him," Jeonghan murmurs.

Seungcheol scoffs, "And what? Keep hiding who I am?"

"Yeah," Jeonghan says, "That would have been better."

"No, it wouldn't have," Seungcheol says, "Our relationship may have grown and I would have been lying to him. I would have to tell him eventually, Jeonghan. If I had kept this a secret, I don't think Jihoon would have been so understanding."

"That would be better though," Jeonghan says, "He shouldn't be that understanding."

"Is that what this is about? How okay Jihoon was about vampire kind?" Seungcheol asks. Jeonghan nods and grips the banister. He purses his lips and lets out a sigh. "It's weird, okay. Why isn't he freaking out at all? How can he be so calm about it? The most he's worried about is the fact that you were hiding what you are. Not the fact that you are a vampire!!!" Jeonghan exclaims.

"I don't know, Jeonghan," Seungcheol says, "He just didn't. I don't think that warrants for you to freak out about this."

"Are you kidding?" Jeonghan scoffs, "Of course, it warrants this reaction! No one and I mean no one just is told that vampires are real and don't act a tiny bit freaked."

"Well, Jihoon isn't like everyone else," Seungcheol states.

"You don't get any say in this," Jeonghan says, "Your love for him blinds you or something."

Seungcheol rolls his eyes, "I really think you're freaking out over nothing."

"Am I?" Jeonghan questions, "I don't know. I've never met Jihoon. All I know about him is what you have told me."

"Then, you should know that he is a trustworthy person," Seungcheol says.

Jeonghan shakes his head, "I'm just worried about you. I mean...what if there's another reason for how calm he is about all of this. Maybe, he already knows about us. Maybe, he's a hunter."

"That's ridiculous," Seungcheol says, "Do you think a hunter would allow a newborn to drink from him?"

"It could've been part of a ploy to draw you in," Jeonghan states.

Seungcheol sighs, "Jihoon isn't a hunter. I can guarantee you of that."

"You shouldn't be so comfortable around him," Jeonghan says, "There's no way he was that whipped for you that he just accepted the fact that you're a freaking bloodsucker and wants to spend more time with you. There's something going on here." Seungcheol looks at his friend and shakes his head. He knows that Jeonghan is worried, but he's really pulling at strings here. He knows that he still has a lot to learn about Jihoon, but just cause he didn't react in the expected way doesn't make him a hunter. Jihoon is just Jihoon. He has his own opinions and reacts about whatever he wants to even if it doesn't match the norm. "He's a good guy," Seungcheol says, "I know that you're saying all of this because you're scared I'll get hurt or something, but I will be fine. You don't need to worry about me. Okay? I can handle myself." Jeonghan glances at the vampire beside him and lets out a breath. Maybe, he is being a bit overdramatic. There's a possibility that Jihoon is just a normal human that has all the right intentions. Seungcheol seems to trust him and Jeonghan trusts Seungcheol. "Okay," Jeonghan murmurs, "Just be careful."

"I will," Seungcheol says, "And, if it makes you feel any better, I can introduce you to him. We're supposed to meet back up in a couple days. We're going to have barbecue. I'm sure Jihoon wouldn't mind if you tagged along."

"What am I your mom?" Jeonghan asks with a smirk on his face, "I don't need to meet your boyfriend and give you my permission. Even though I'm still hesitant about Jihoon, I know how much he means to you. If you like him and you trust him, that's good enough for me."

"Thanks, Jeonghan," Seungcheol says, happy that his closest friend approves of his relationship with the human. He can only hope that his parents and the rest of the society would feel the same if Jihoon and him were to become even more.

Who do you believe? Do you think Jeonghan makes some good points or do you think he's just letting his overprotective nature clouding his judgement? Let me know in the comments. There's a lot more to come in this story, so I hope you keep continuing to read and support my story. Please follow, vote, add this story to your library and check out my Romance One-shots book where there will be a new Jicheol story coming out next week. Have a great rest of your day, Caratdeuls ❤️