Chapter 43

Hi! I am back with a new chapter for you all. It picks up directly from the last. I don't have much to say about it so I hope that you enjoy it!

Seungcheol huffs as he walks down the hallway alongside his friends following the unsuccessful meeting with the King's advisory board. "Hyung, please calm down," Minghao says, "There's no reason to drive yourself nuts about what happened."

"Yeah, there's no reason to get upset," Seungkwan says, "We don't need those old huffs anyway! We can deal with this all by ourselves."

"No, we can't! We need the support of the advisors!" Seungcheol exclaims, "I may have a position that means something but I have no power until my dad croaks! The same goes for all of you! Until I'm on the throne...I won't be able to stop this war." The crown prince comes to a stop and looks at his advisory board, feeling lost and distraught over his current situation. He knows what is right and the society isn't doing it. He can't just let this happen, but it's not like he has any power to stop it. He can only do so much in the grand scope of things. "It's not that bad, hyung," Jun says, "Come on...we'll figure something out."

"How?" Seungcheol asks.

"We still have the hunters," Soonyoung says, "They're on our side."

"That's right!" Hansol nods, "Why don't you check your phone? I bet you they have some news about where the faction is right now."

"We just spoke to them a couple of hours ago," Seungcheol says, "There's no way they found their location in that short amount of time."

"Just check," Minghao says, "You may be happily surprised." Everyone stares at the crown prince, waiting expectantly for him to do as they say. Seungcheol looks back at them for a second before huffing and shoving his hand into his pocket. He yanks his phone out and taps at the screen. His eyebrows raise in surprise when he sees a message from Daniel. "So?" Seungkwan questions.

Seungcheol laughs, "What are you guys? Psychic or something?" He turns his phone around to show them the message left by Daniel. We found them. Keeping a close eye, so far they haven't done much. Let you know as soon as something happens.

≫ ──── ≪•◦ ❈ ◦•≫ ──── ≪

"Will you stop it!?" Jihoon exclaims as he quickly dodges Seungcheol's arms by ducking behind the harp. The two are in the music room. Jihoon was minding his own business when the crown prince entered and demanded kisses. Jihoon said no with a cheeky grin and went back to strumming the guitar in his hands. Seungcheol, not happy with that answer, pouted and proceeded to chase Jihoon around the room. "Give me a kiss first!" Seungcheol whines, "I've been working hard all day!!!"

"You're ridiculous!" Jihoon huffs, darting to hide behind the piano. Seungcheol smirks and rushes after his boyfriend. The crown prince wraps his arm around Jihoon's waist and lifts him up into the air. Jihoon yelps in surprise and starts to thrash in the vampire prince's hold. "Got you!" Seungcheol says in an overly smug tone.

Jihoon tuts, "Put me down." He stops trying to get free and lets Seungcheol hold him like he's a huge stuffed animal. "Hm..." Seungcheol hums, rubbing his nose against Jihoon's neck. Jihoon scrunches up his own nose at the action, finding it nice, but at the same time extremely stupid. "My Jihoonie." Seungcheol whispers into his boyfriend's ear, "I love you."

"I love you too, but I would love it even more if you put me down," Jihoon says. Seungcheol sighs and slowly lowers Jihoon to the ground, but keeps his arms wrapped around his waist. Jihoon places his hands on top of Seungcheol's arms and lets his fingers dance along them. The crown prince looks down at his lover with a soft smile and presses a kiss to the top of his head. "How are you, my love?" Seungcheol asks.