Chapter 33

Hi! I'm back. How have you all been? Are you streaming Second Wind as much as I am? I love 7pm. Tell me what your favorite is in the comments below. Anyway, this chapter is going to be pretty crazy. It is going to involve some mature topics so please be mindful of that before diving in. That's pretty much all I have to say, so please enjoy!

"Hurry, hurry, hurry!" Seungkwan exclaims, pushing past the crowd that has gathered in the courtyard of the society palace.

"I'm moving as fast as I can!" Seungcheol shouts, "It's not like they can start without me there!"

"I bet you they will," Seungkwan yells back. Everyone has gathered around to see the first execution since a millennium ago take place. The vampires whisper and gossip to one another, pointing at the two vamps being tried. Soonyoung and Seokmin are in the center, being gawked at by the people. Both have chains wrapped around their bodies and their knees are pressed to the floor. Their heads hang low, but their eyes glance at each other every now and then. Standing nearby are the executioners, holding large machetes by their sides. The loud booming voice of the King echoes loudly as he goes over the crimes that have been broken. He continues to preach the importance of the society laws and the punishments that will be handed out if any were to be broken regardless of noble status. "That being said, I will not waste any more time in allowing these criminals to breathe," The King states, "The execution will begin!" The entire courtyard falls silent as they watch the executioners move closer to the tied up vamps. Soonyoung and Seokmin both squeeze their eyes shut and reach out for each other's hands. Their bodies are tense as they await the machete that will come crashing onto their necks. The executioners lift the weapons into the air, creating a menacing shadow that makes the audience shiver. They bring them down without a second of hesitation. "Stop!" Seungcheol bellows, finally pushing out of the crowd so that he now stands in the center. The vampires all stare at the crown prince in surprise and their whispers getting louder. The executioners freeze, the machetes inches from Soonyoung and Seokmin's necks. The two chained up vampires look up at their friend and breathe a sigh of relief. "What is the meaning of this?!" The King shouts, "Do not stop! These vampires have broken our law! They shall be punished accordingly!!!"

"You will stop because I have decided to pardon both of these so-called criminals," Seungcheol states loudly, "There will be no execution today." The crowd murmurs increase as the King's face starts to turn red and he glowers at his son. "You don't have the power to do such a thing!" The King says.

"Actually, I do," Seungcheol says calmly, "It's buried deep, deep down in one of the old journals kept during the makings of the new laws. A note taken by my great uncle prior to his passing. If you recall, he served on the advisory board and was one of the members to create the new laws and incite its boundaries. It clearly states in his words that the crown prince has the power to pardon a criminal if he sees fit."

"T-that...I have never heard of such a note within any of our law books!" The King stutters for a second before quickly recovering, "You must be making this up in a futile attempt to save your friend." The crowd gets even more restless as they watch their leader and his son argue, intrigued with the conversation and thus new information regarding the laws. Seungcheol shakes his head, "I am doing no such thing. If you would like to see the text, Wonwoo carries it with him right now. Where are you, Wonwoo?" The vampire in question raises his hand and clears his throat. He stands near the stage where the King and Queen sit upon their thrones with matching expressions of anger. The King's advisory board is situated behind the leaders, shuffling through their documents in a frenzy. The crowd all turn to look at the vampire and point at the old battered notebook clutched under Wonwoo's arm. "I repeat my earlier statement," Seungcheol says, "These two vampires have been pardoned by the crown prince himself. They shall not be executed and they will not suffer for breaking the law." The executioners and the audience all turn to look at the King, wondering what he will say about the crown prince's declaration. The leader of the vampires turns to look at his advisory board. They all shake their heads simultaneously, making the King tighten his hand into a fist and slam it onto the throne in anger. The crowd all jump and make sounds of surprise, staring at their leader. The King stiffens and takes a deep breath to compose himself. "Fine," The King states, "It seems we won't be having an execution today. That being said, I want you all to clear out of the courtyard this second!" The vampires don't hesitate, whether it be the advisors or the executioners, they all scramble out of the area. Seungcheol walks over to the two vampires still on the ground. He unties them and helps them both to their feet. "Thank you," Soonyoung murmurs, "Thank you so much." Seungcheol pats his friend on the shoulder and gestures for him to go to where the others are waiting near the door. "Take care of yourself and Seokmin," Seungcheol says, "Get yourselves situated." Soonyoung nods and clasps Seokmin's hand, gently tugging him towards his friends. Soon enough, all that is left in the area is the royal family. "I don't know what is wrong with you, Choi Seungcheol!" The Queen shouts, "Do you understand what you have just done!?"