Chapter 36

Hello Carats! I am back with a new chapter. This one isn't very long but I think it will be very satisfying. It's Seungcheol centric so there won't be any Jicheol moments in this chapter. With that said, please enjoy the new chapter!

Seungcheol enters the throne room without a word. His parents watch him with curious expressions as he bows. "Hello, son," The King states.

"Father," Seungcheol says, "Mother."

"Is there something wrong?" The Queen asks, "You appear upset."

"That is an understatement," Seungcheol says, "I am rather furious."

"Is that so?" The King questions, "Why is that?"

"Well, I believe it has a lot to do with the vampire that has been shadowing me for the past few months," Seungcheol says, glaring at his parents. The King and Queen do not react and simply share a quick look before turning their attention to their son. "How did you find out?" The Queen asks.

"Jeonghan is very knowledgeable when it comes to discovering the undiscoverable," Seungcheol states.

"Yes, it would be Yoon's child," The King laments, "He's always been a bit of a gossip." Seungcheol sighs, finding it ridiculous that his parents were criticizing Jeonghan now when before they used to praise the very floor he walked on. It seems that the fact that the Yoon family has denied Seungcheol's request for marriage made their relationship with the royal family strained. "I've come to speak to you about pulling back your guard that you assigned to me as well as any that you have placed around Jihoon," Seungcheol says.

"Jihoon? Ah...your human lover," The Queen says in an upset tone.

"Yes," Seungcheol says, "He is my boyfriend. And before you yell at me for starting a relationship with a human, you must consider my request."

"Fine," The King states, "I will pull back the vampire I had following you. He would have been useless now that his cover has been blown anyway."

"What of the ones you have on Jihoon?" Seungcheol asks.

"There are no vampires watching your human pet," The King says.

Seungcheol scoffs, "I highly doubt that."

"Why would we waste good men on watching a silly human?" The Queen asks.

"Because that silly human is the reason that I have been acting the way I am," Seungcheol says, "That silly human could ruin the very image of the royal family."

"That may be true, but what do you expect of us Seungcheol?" The King asks, "We are not cruel people. We aren't monsters. We won't have the human slaughtered."

"I beg to differ," Seungcheol states.

"Believe what you will, my child," The Queen says.

"Oh, I will," Seungcheol growls, "And just for your information, Jihoon has friends. Vampire, human, and even hunter friends. They will keep him safe. So, I would think twice before laying a hand on him. And if you do...I swear to all of our ancestors and my own royal blood I will stake you to death myself." The King and Queen once again do not react, choosing to keep silent and maintain their composure. "This is ridiculous," The Queen murmurs after a while, her eyes locked on the quivering fist her son is making, "You're threatening us."

"I agree, my Queen," The King says, "It is rather shameful to think my own offspring... my flesh and blood has fallen in love with a human and cares more for him than his own parents."

"Like you have ever cared for me," Seungcheol mutters under his breath.

"It is disappointing," The Queen announces, "The crown prince breaking almost every law he should be enforcing. What would the people think? They would ask us to have you tried! And who would succeed the throne then?"

"I don't think we would have to worry about the throne," The King states, "I have sat here and bore this title for over millions of years. I could do it for much longer. Seungcheol isn't needed..." The crown prince frowns at those words and proceeds to shoot daggers at his parents using his eyes. The King and Queen don't seem to notice, too focused on their own 'private' conversation. "Oh, thank goodness for your endless strength my King," The Queen says, "I feared that the society would fall because of the crown prince's foolish mistake."

"I would never let such a thing happen," The King states, "I say...I must beg the public for forgiveness for my son's ridiculous behavior."

"We would have to gather the entire society," The Queen says, "Oh, I hope they won't wish to have us removed from our positions. This family has led the society since the very beginning."

"I am sure that they would be forgiving. Our people are like that, remember?" The King says, "It isn't our fault that our child turned out to be such a disgrace."

Seungcheol coughs loudly, "You plan on telling the public of my relationship."

"Of course," The King states, "We never hide anything from our people." A laugh bursts from Seungcheol, whose chuckles get louder and louder. The King and Queen look to their son with intrigue, wondering why the boy is laughing. "What is so funny?" The Queen asks.

Seungcheol shakes his head and takes a deep breath, "All of this. This little skit you two have started. The funniest thing ever. If you're trying to make me feel guilty or something, it isn't working. There are no threats, no words, no actions that could make me turn my back on Jihoon. Nothing you do will ever make me regret choosing to be with him." The King and Queen share another look before staring at their son with hardened expressions. Their eyes shine with contempt and their lips curl with disgust. Seungcheol looks back at them with a steely, unwavering gaze. "If that is true, then we have truly lost you," The King says.

Seungcheol smiles and tuts, "As if you ever had me in the first place..." With that said, the crown prince turns around and exits the throne room, not even bothering to bow to the two people that don't deserve any respect.

What do you think? Satisfying...yes? It was nice to see Seungcheol finally voices his grievances against his parents. It was about time. Right? I feel like I've said this a lot but the crazy times are coming. I hope that you look forward to this story building and what's to come. We still got a bit of a ways to go before the end and I appreciate you all coming on this ride. Please vote, comment, add this story to your library, and check out my other stories here on Wattpad. Until next time! Bye 👋