Chapter 34

Who is ready for some angsty overdramatic love? That is what this chapter is mixed with a whole lot of reunions. It's been a hot second since Jicheol interacted, but they are finally going to talk again and you'll just have to read and find out how that goes. Enjoy!

Jihoon opens the front door to his apartment and immediately slams it shut after seeing who stands outside. He walks away from the door with his hands clenched into fists. He lets his head slowly fall and he lets out a shaky breath. His heart tugs in his chest with yearning. To make things right. To fix the mess he made. And at the same time, a stubbornness that tells him his anger is warranted. That he should yell some more. That he should just walk away from the one person that didn't do anything wrong, but had ruined his entire life. "Jihoon, please let me in," Seungcheol shouts, knocking on the door again. The human freezes, not knowing what to do. He glances back at the door and shakes his head. He turns back around, but stops himself as Seungcheol slams on the door with his fist. "I have something to tell you," Seungcheol says.

"I...I don't want to hear it!" Jihoon calls out, his back still turned from the door.

"Yes, you do," Seungcheol says in a calm tone, "Please open the door."

"The last time we spoke...I told you that I hated you," Jihoon murmurs. Seungcheol doesn't speak after that and Jihoon wonders for a second if the vampire has left. He slowly walks towards the door and stands on his tippy toes to look out the peephole. He gazes at Seungcheol for a moment, who has his eyes locked on the floor and his mouth set in a firm line. Jihoon lets out a shaky breath and lowers back to his feet. He leans against the door and waits for Seungcheol to say something. "You didn't mean it," Seungcheol states.

"I did," Jihoon murmurs, guilt eating at his chest for his harsh words.

"You didn't," Seungcheol repeats with a firmer tone, "You were upset, Jihoon. There were probably a million emotions running through you. You needed someone to lash out on." Jihoon purses his lips together and presses his head towards the door. "You know I don't regret it," Jihoon says, "I'm still freaking pissed at you for not bringing him back..."

"Yeah," Seungcheol murmurs.

"But, I'm also mad at myself for saying that to you," Jihoon says, "You didn't deserve it. You're right...I don't want my brother to become a vampire, but if I can have him back what does it matter what he is..."

"Open the door, Jihoon," Seungcheol says in an urgent tone.

"I don't want to," Jihoon says, "After what I've said...cause of how I still feel about you and what you did....this door...it needs to stay shut...I need this space between us..."

"Jihoon," Seungcheol mutters, "If you think I'm mad at you...I'm not. I don't hate you for what you said to me. I still care about you. You're still my boyfriend...."

"You're an idiot, Seungcheol," Jihoon huffs, "How can you still care about me? I told you that I hated you and I meant it."

"You didn't mean it," Seungcheol exclaims, "You keep saying you did, but you didn't. Not really. I know you, Jihoon. I know that you don't hate me. I know that you think I'm upset. You think that I've come here to break up with you or something, but that's not true. Please open the door, Jihoon. A door isn't going to fix whatever you're feeling or keep me from coming to see you...my feelings for you haven't changed. Our relationship hasn't changed. Not in my eyes they haven't at least."

"But in mine, I screwed everything up," Jihoon mutters. Things between them were going well. They were happy. That is until Jihoon let his emotions get the best of him and told his boyfriend he hated him. It doesn't matter if he meant it or not, the point is he said it. You don't say those kinds of things to the person you love. You don't say it the way Jihoon did. Yelling and with as much anger as possible. You don't say it and hang up the phone right after. You don't say it and never apologize. You don't say I hate you and expect for the relationship to be okay. Cause it's not. It's not something that Jihoon can just brush over. Not like Seungcheol can. "We should break up," Jihoon says.