Chapter 25

Hi! I am back! How are you all doing? Believe it or not, we are officially halfway through this story. It's nuts and I am so excited at the same time. The second half is filled with craziness, so I hope you are ready. With that said, let us get into this chapter. I hope you enjoy!

"I can't take it!" Seungcheol shouts as he bursts into the library. His friends look at him with exasperated expressions. They are all gathered at a table, stacks of books and other papers scattered around them. Some of them have phones in their hands and others are typing on a laptop. They've been busy researching all day and haven't even bothered to take a break. Proven by the bottles of blood scattered around the floor. "Just because we are the only ones in here doesn't mean that you can yell," Wonwoo says, "We're still in the library." Seungcheol nods his head and takes a deep breath, trying to rein in his emotions. "What happened?" Jeonghan asks, "And where is Mingyu?"

"We got the newborns. I brought them here to be tested, which was useless by the way. As for Mingyu, he's in the human world. I told him to protect Jihoon," Seungcheol answers.

"That's one less person to help us search for clues," Minghao mutters.

"It's not like we were having much luck with Mingyu anyway," Jun sighs as he pushes away a stack of papers.

"I want to know more about those two newborns," Soonyoung says, "What do you mean useless?"

"As in the test found nothing," Seungcheol states, "Just like the last time, they couldn't connect this newborn to any vampire in our society."

"Again?" Seungkwan says in a surprised tone, "I get if they weren't able to find who that first newborn belonged to. There's a chance of that happening, but again? With both of these newborns? They weren't able to identify either of them. That's kinda fishy.

"Tell me about it," Seungcheol says, "I was telling the scientests to do the test again just in case, but my father stopped me."

"Why?" Hansol asks.

"Who knows? He's too relaxed about this whole situation!" Seungcheol exclaims, "I mean this is the second time someone's broken a law and turned a human. It's been less than a month since the previous incident! He should be doing something instead of covering it up and imagining it doesn't exist!"

"Well, he does have the deaths to worry about," Wonwoo states.

"I know, but this is an issue as well," Seungcheol says, "He can't just imagine this one never happened in order to focus on building up his army!"

"This is all too much for me," Jeonghan mutters, "Between the deaths and now the newborns. We lived in peace. For a very long time, why is this all happening now?"

"Exactly, hyung," Minghao says, "Why is this all happening now?" The others stares at him in confusion, wondering what their friend is going at. "Do you know something that we don't?" Soonyoung asks.

"I don't know anything," Minghao says, "But, I have an idea."

"And that is?" Jun questions.

"What if these two things have to do with one another?" Minghao says, "What if whoever is behind all these vamp kills are also behind the newborns? It would make sense why it's happening now. The same person is doing both the deeds."

"For what reason though?" Hansol asks, "Why turn humans and kill vamps?"

"No clue," Minghao says, "It was just an idea. I have no evidence to prove it."

"It's a good hypothesis though," Seungkwan says, "It's not impossible. It's highly likely that what's happening recently could be because of the same person."