Chapter 13

Hello darlings! How are you all? I am obsessed with SVT's new track and I hope you are all too. What's your favorite part of the song or MV? I think it is just beautiful and this is coming from a film student. This chapter sadly isn't as beautifully sweet as our newest song from our boys, but it definitely is fun. I hope you enjoy!

Seungcheol groans as he wakes up. His eyes feel sore and his entire body is stiff. He slowly sits up and looks to his sides where all of his friends are lying on his bed snoozing. He smiles as he scans the faces of each of his sleeping friends. The events of a couple hours ago are still fresh in his mind. Jeonghan's words echo in his head. He chuckles, finding that what his friend said was true. All the things he was stressing about seem kind of silly now. His project has its successes and its downfalls. But, everything does. Seungcheol looks towards the window that shows a dark night sky and a moon peeking out from behind the clouds. He must have been sleeping for a while. The others in the palace probably already had their meal. Seungcheol hasn't had any blood since this morning. He thinks his friends are probably in a similar situation. He slowly slides off the bed and onto the floor, careful to not awaken anyone. He creeps towards the door and exits his room as quietly as possible. He walks down the empty hallways and makes his way towards the kitchen. There's no one inside except the head chef, who is cleaning down the area. "Hello, noona," Seungcheol says.

"Ah, your highness," A woman who appears to be in her early thirties says. She is wearing a white apron with red splatters on it on top of a blue top and sweats. Her hair is tied in a messy bun and there's a dirty rag in her hand. "I was wondering if you have anything for my friends and me to eat," Seungcheol says.

The woman nods, "It's in the fridge. Help yourself."

"Thanks, noona," Seungcheol says before gravitating over to the large silver fridge

He opens it up and finds a tray with bottles filled with red liquid. Seungcheol reaches insides for one and uncaps it. He sips at the liquid his teeth coming out as the blood trails down his throat. He hums as he quickly finishes the entering of the bottle. He turns to toss it in the trash that sits a couple feet away. He feels refreshed now and filled with energy now that he's had blood. He reaches into the fridge and takes the tray out carefully. He uses the back of his foot to shut the fridge and slowly walks forward with the tray in his hands. "Thank you for the blood, noona!" Seungcheol calls out as he slowly walks towards the door.

"Do you need help with that?" The woman calls out.

"It's alright, I got it," Seungcheol says, "Thank you!" With that said, Seungcheol staggers out of the kitchen and back towards his room. He moves carefully in an attempt to not drop anything. He struggles a bit to open the door to his room, but eventually gets help from one of his attendees who happened to be walking by. Once inside, Seungcheol places the tray down on his side table. He shakes his head at his still fast asleep friends. He moves to wake them when he hears a scream from miles away. Seungcheol stiffens, recognizing it instantly. He has no idea how his ears picked it up, especially since he wasn't trying to use his hearing. It could be an after effect from the blood, either way he's sure that he just heard Jihoon scream. If the human screamed, that means he's in danger and Seungcheol needs to do something. He grimaces when the screams only get louder. His eyes dart back and forth, knowing that he can't just leave without telling any of his friends. They need to cover for him if someone notices he's gone. Seungcheol reaches for his cousin and shakes him hard, knowing he'll wake up. The vampire groans and turns a little. "Chwe Hansol, wake the hell up!" Seungcheol exclaims.

"What is it, hyung?" Hansol asks, his eyes still shut.

"I need to go to the human world," Seungcheol states, "Cover for me." Hansol's eyes fly open at his words and he sits up, now fully awake. "What? Why?" Hansol questions, "What's going on?"