Chapter 22

Hello! I am back! Sorry about not posting last week, I was on vacation and didn't get the chance to. I am back now though and updates will continue even though my semester is coming. I may take a pause every once and a while, but I will still post. Anyway, this chapter isn't super long, but it has a lot of fun, sweet Jicheol moments that I hope you enjoy. I won't say any more than that, so please go right ahead and enjoy the new chapter.

"It's such a small world," Jihoon says, "I mean what are the chances that I'm friends with Joshua and he's someone that is allied with your people."

"It's fate," Seungcheol jokes as he pops a bit of meat into his mouth, "It just means you and I were meant to meet."

Jihoon chuckles, "Wow, you never stop, do you?" The vampire shrugs as he flips over a piece of meat using the tongs. He enjoys flirting with the human. He likes how his face turns pink or how he'll burst into a fit of laughter. It brings a little joy to Seungcheol's life. It seems silly that those things could make him happy, but they do. When he's with Jihoon, the stupidest things become special. "Okay, seriously though, it is sort of crazy. When I asked you to take me to Shua's place I didn't think that you already knew who I was talking about," Seungcheol says.

"It's a good thing I did," Jihoon says, "You may have gotten worse if I hadn't rushed over to Joshua's place right away." Seungcheol nods, knowing that there's a lot of truth in those words. "How are you feeling anyway?" Jihoon asks.

"Great," Seungcheol says, "Like I was never hurt in the first place."

"That's good," Jihoon says, "I was really worried about you."

"Don't. I'm a strong vampire," Seungcheol states, puffing out his chest. Jihoon laughs and shakes his head at Seungcheol's behavior. The two are sitting in a barbecue restaurant, having a meal together and enjoying a nice conversation. Jihoon has been introducing Seungcheol to all of his favorite meats and side dishes. Seungcheol had tried each one and couldn't help but find each one better than the last. Whenever the two meet up, it seems like Jihoon is always introducing Seungcheol to something new to eat. But, it was nice nonetheless. Seungcheol still loved the sparkle in Jihoon's eyes when he explained a dish. And Jihoon loved the hum that Seungcheol would make as he shoves his cheeks full of food. In the end, it didn't matter if they did this a billion more times. It would still be fun to them. It would still be special cause they're spending time together. "Should you really be mentioning you're a vamp so nonchalantly?" Jihoon asks, "What about hunters?"

"Well, most humans will think they've heard wrong," Seungcheol answers, "And, we still have that peace treaty with the hunters. I'm not doing anything wrong after all. I'm just enjoying a meal with a human. Not enjoying my human meal." Jihoon smiles at his words and picks up a piece of meat. He starts to bring it to his mouth, but stops halfway there. He glances at Seungcheol before sticking his arm out and letting the meat hover near his date's mouth. Seungcheol's eyes cross as he glances at the meat being held between Jihoon's chopsticks. "What are you doing?" Seungcheol asks.

"Feeding you," Jihoon says.

"Why?" Seungcheol questions, "I am not a child."

Jihoon giggles, "Sometimes I forget you're a freaking million year old vampire until you say things like that. Come on...open up...I'm trying to be romantic." Seungcheol slowly opens his mouth and Jihoon pops the meat into his mouth. The vampire closes his mouth and chews on the meat. He looks to Jihoon with innocent eyes, not really understanding the purpose of that. "I don't see how that was romantic," Seungcheol says.

Jihoon lowers his arm and puts down his chopsticks, "Movies and stories seem to disagree."

"I think this is more romantic," Seungcheol says, standing up and bringing his face close to Jihoon's. The human freezes and his face scrunches up in nervousness making him look undeniably adorable. He blinks and looks at Seungcheol, who has a small smirk on his face and eyes that gleam with mischievousness. Neither speak as they stare into one another's eyes completely taken away by the moment. It isn't until the waitress comes by with water do they break away and sit back down. Jihoon shifts in his seat and picks at the bits of rice in his bowl, not knowing what to say. Seungcheol watches the human with interest, finding his shy behavior cute. "So...." Jihoon murmurs, "How did your father take the news about you getting attacked?" Changing the topic smoothly and without a second thought. Seungcheol doesn't push him, understanding that Jihoon is still a bit flustered. "As well as he could, I guess," Seungcheol says, "I thought he was being extremely irrational, but according to my parents I am not a very trustworthy source considering I was the one getting attacked."