Chapter 9

Hello! I am so excited for this next chapter. It is perfect for Valentine's and filled to the brim with even more soft Jicheol moments. Yes, there is more fluff moments. It's really surprising actually because I feel like most of the Jicheol stories I read and pure angst. And I can't complain cause altho angst hurts, I thrive in writing it. That's a bit of a hint of what's to come from me, so don't say you haven't been warned. Anyway, let's get into the story! 

"I can't believe you've never seen a Marvel movie," Jihoon says as he pulls into the parking spot in front of his apartment. He gets out of the vehicle, followed by Seungcheol. The vampire shrugs, "I don't get out a lot."

"Well, I will happily introduce you to the world of superhero movies," Jihoon says. The two walk side by side to the front door. Jihoon takes his keys from his pocket and unlocks the door. "Go ahead," Jihoon says, slipping the key back into his pocket as Seungcheol opens the door. The two step inside the dim apartment. Jihoon quickly slips off his shoes and goes to turn on the lights in the living room. "Where are your brothers?" Seungcheol asks, "Did they go back to Busan already?"

"No," Jihoon answers, "They said they had plans. I have no idea what. As long as they don't get their asses arrested...I don't really care." Seungcheol snickers at his nonchalant behavior, finding Jihoon's relationship with his brothers just as interesting as last time. "Do you want popcorn?" Jihoon asks, "I think I have some microwaveable bags in the cabinet."

"What's popcorn?" Seungcheol asks.

Jihoon gapes, "You're kidding me, right?" Seungcheol shakes his head and looks at the human innocently. "Okay, I am totally popping a bag of popcorn," Jihoon says, "Can you go find Black Panther on the shelf of DVDs?" He points to the shelf on the side of the couch that is filled with other movies. Seungcheol nods and gravitates over to it. He starts searching for the movie while Jihoon goes into the kitchen to make popcorn. When Jihoon returns a few minutes later with a bowl of popcorn in his hand, Seungcheol is waiting on the couch with the DVD sitting beside him. Jihoon passes him the bowl and takes the DVD case. He opens it and walks over to the TV where the disc player is near. He gets onto his knees and inserts the disc. He heads back to the couch where Seungcheol is happily munching on the popcorn. "I'm guessing that you like the popcorn," Jihoon says with a grin. He sits beside Seungcheol, who nods eagerly. "It's crunchy and salty and buttery," Seungcheol says, "I usually don't like these kinds of things...but it's addicting."

"Fresh is even better," Jihoon says in a quiet tone, "Maybe, next time, I'll make some." He knows that it's a bit hasty to ask this so soon. This whole thing...whatever this is could go horribly. Seungcheol may never want to see him again. How could he already be thinking about another time? "Sure," Seungcheol says, breaking Jihoon out of his thoughts.

Jihoon's eyes widen, "Really?"

Seungcheol nods, "I'm having a lot of fun already and we haven't even started the movie yet." Jihoon looks at the other, trying to see if he's being genuine or not. Seungcheol's face appears so truthful and Jihoon doesn't know what to say. His heart swells a little at the thought of Seungcheol wanting there to be a next time. "What's this movie about anyway?" Seungcheol asks.

"You'll have to watch and find out," Jihoon says before grabbing the remote and starting the movie.

≫ ──── ≪•◦ ❈ ◦•≫ ──── ≪

As they watched the movie, three things happened. First, as the first fight scene of the movie started, the two reached for the popcorn. They're hands touched and it was as if they had been shocked. They both pulled away instantly and stared at each other. They didn't say anything. They just looked at one another's eyes before the sounds of the cheering Wakandans brought their attention back to the movie. Seungcheol didn't notice as Jihoon turned red and placed his other hand over his racing heart. And Jihoon didn't notice the way Seungcheol stared at his hand in absolute wonder. A little while later, after they had finished the entirety of their popcorn, Jihoon had started to shiver. Seungcheol had noticed instantly. He reached for the blanket that had been strewn on top of the couch behind him. He unfolded it and used it to cover Jihoon, who froze at his actions. Seungcheol didn't say anything as he tucked the blanket around Jihoon's body, making sure that he was bundled up. After he had finished, he looked at his handiwork and couldn't help but find Jihoon adorable. He looked like a little burrito. Seungcheol wanted to take a photo and make it his wallpaper, but he knew that would be rather inappropriate for a time like now. Jihoon, on the other hand, was trying to make sense of what had just happened. For a second there, he felt like he had slipped into a drama world. Seungcheol's actions made his chest bloom with warmth and his hands feel a bit clammy with nervousness. And last, when the movie had ended, Jihoon had attempted to stand up to take the DVD out. He didn't make it far as the blanket that provided him warmth became his snare. It tangled around his legs and had made him fall. Jihoon yelped as his butt made contact with the floor. Seungcheol's eyes widened and he stood up, moving to help him. He isn't usually clumsy, but blankets are death traps. It caught the vampire's feet as well and pulled him to the ground. He dropped right above Jihoon, stopping himself from hitting the human by slamming his arms to the ground on either side of the human's head. Jihoon's eyes widened as Seungcheol's body looked over him. His eyes darted left and right, staring at Seungcheol's tightened muscular arms. Jihoon slowly looked back at Seungcheol, whose own eyes are locked on him. Their faces are centimeters apart, so close that they can feel each other's breath. Jihoon blinks as his face turns pink. The way Seungcheol is positioned and the way he looks at him takes his breath away. He can feel his heart thumping against his chest. He opens his mouth a couple times to say something, but can't seem to get a single word out. Eventually, he stutters out, "H-hi."

"Hey," Seungcheol murmurs, finding Jihoon absolutely breathtaking. The beautiful shade of rose gracing his cheeks. The way his eyes have this little sparkle. The shy smile on his face. They stay like this for a while. Neither moving nor asking the other to. They do separate eventually and after that the two don't speak about it. There's this air between the two. Not exactly awkward, but as if something is different now. It's because of these three moments that it dawns on both of them. Their friends. Their brothers. They were right.

≫ ──── ≪•◦ ❈ ◦•≫ ──── ≪

"Black Panther is a cool movie," Seungcheol says, "Thanks for introducing it to me."

"Anytime," Jihoon says, avoiding his gaze a little. Seungcheol doesn't notice cause he can't exactly meet Jihoon's eyes either. Both a bit embarrassed about what had happened. They stand at the front door. Seungcheol outside on the doorstep and Jihoon leaning against the door to keep it open. "I should get going," Seungcheol says, "My parents are probably wondering where I've been."

"Yeah," Jihoon states, "I should probably call my brothers and make sure they're okay. It's getting kind of late."

"Tell them I said hi," Seungcheol says.

"Definitely," Jihoon says before the two fall silent again. They stand there not saying anything for a couple of minutes before Jihoon quietly speaks. "I really enjoyed tonight," Jihoon says, "It would be cool if we could do it again."

Seungcheol nods, "I had fun too. I would love to hang out with you again."

"I should give you my number then," Jihoon exclaims, "I don't know why we haven't exchanged numbers earlier. I mean we keep seeming to run into each other." Seungcheol nods and passes his phone to Jihoon. The human does the same with his device. When they finish inputting the numbers, they hand each other back their phones. "Now, our conversations never have to end. I can talk to you all the time now," Seungcheol says, making Jihoon turn red again

"Okay," Jihoon says, "I'm going to go before I become a tomato. I'll text you later. Bye, Seungcheol." The human waves before quickly shutting the door. The vampire chuckles a little, finding it funny how flustered Jihoon gets. He shakes his head before taking off back towards the train to get back to the vampire society.

Awwwww. Jicheol is so cute. I love this ship so much it is ridiculous. I hope that you enjoyed all this mushiness just as much as I did. I think it's perfect for Valentine's. Did you have a nice one? I did legit nothing. Single life baby. Lol. Anyway, if you enjoyed this chapter it would mean a lot of you could comment, vote, follow me, add this chapter to your library, and check out my SKZ story Collision Course for some more fluff and angst.