Chapter 46

Hello! I am back with a new chapter for you all. I can't believe it but we are nearing the end of this fic. It's crazy! Still holding off on the sappy thank yous until a bit later, but do expect it, I'm just that type of person. Until then though, please enjoy this new chapter!

"It needs to be better," Seungcheol huffs from where he sits in the throne, "The suits that my father had commissioned are good, but not good enough. Base it off of the faction vamps ones, but make it even better than those!" The vamp who was showing off a piece of a suit that was being built to take on the hunters leaves after receiving feedback from the King. The suits may have worked against the hunter clans, but they are going against another group of vamps who have been making their own silver weapons. Their current protection won't do anything. "Sire, what should we do when the hunters arrive?" One of the vampires asks.

"I want only Jihoon to be there to greet them." Seungcheol states, knowing it would be best for his lover to greet his friend and his people, "Tell him to go to the guest entrance now. They should be arriving soon."

"But, sire, are you sure about leaving him with the hunters?" The vampire questions.

"I invited them here," Seungcheol says, "Why would the hunters wish to cause any trouble?"

The vampire nods and bows, "Of course, your Majesty." He scampers off to go find Jihoon, leaving the already crowded and noisy meeting room. Following Seungcheol's announcement, things got crazy real fast. Preparations were being shifted towards taking on the vampire clan. Seungcheol had thought that the vampire society would be more prepared, but since they believed their enemy to be the hunters they were geared up to fight against humans, not more vamps. The King with the help of his advisory board has been hard at work for hours on end shifting their attentions to new weapons and protection against the faction. Due to the attack, they were exposed to the assortment of toys the faction vamps have up their sleeves. Their weapon masters and scientists have been hard at work creating things that could overpower these weapons and even protect them out in the field. The guards and other vampire volunteers training regiments have shifted to become more rigorous. After all, fighting a vamp is no easy task. On top of that, repairs to the palace are still underway so the manpower within the society is all over the place. Seungcheol was forced to put a stop to the train going to the human world for the sake of the vampires and cause they needed more hands to help. Wartime was no walk in the park and it was honestly making Seungcheol regret saying he would deal with the faction right away. "You look exhausted," Jeonghan says, approaching his best friend with a stack of papers in his hands.

"That's cause I am," Seungcheol sighs, rubbing his face, "Being King is exhausting."

"What did you expect?" Jeonghan says, "We are about to go to war."

"Never thought that my first action as King would be to declare war against an evil faction of vampires," Seungcheol huffs.

"Well, on the bright side, you'll definitely be going down in history when this is all done and over," Jeonghan says with a grin.

Seungcheol laughs, "Great. What are those?"

"Papers for you to sign," Jeonghan states.

"Sign for what?" Seungcheol asks.

"Safe houses for the people," Jeonghan says, "Just in case the attack doesn't go as planned and the society is forced into hiding." Seungcheol sighs and gestures for Jeonghan to bring them to him. His friend steps up towards the throne and passes the stacks of paper to the King. Seungcheol reaches for his pen and begins to scrawl his name across each sheet. "This better all be worth it," Seungcheol mutters as he finishes signing the last sheet. He looks around at the people within the room. Wonwoo is speaking with a small group of scientists, who are trying to figure out how to do something about liquid silver or gas. Mingyu is speaking with his father, whose leg was severely injured during the attack which forced him to step down from his position, about a new training routine. Jun and Minghao are speaking over the phone with other foreign vampire societies to see if they could supply even with the littlest bit of help to them. Seokmin and Soonyoung are speaking with volunteers, who keep flooding into the castle each day saying they wish to fight. Hansol is going over the weapons and supplies that the society still has following the attack while Seungkwan is focused on the other issues the society still has even during this time of war. "It will be," Jeonghan says, "Things will calm down after we've dealt with the faction."