Chapter 8

Who's ready for some cute Jicheol moments? I hope you are cause this chapter is brimming with cheeeeeese. I hope that you enjoy it!

Seungcheol stares through the window of the Pinwheel Cafe. His eyes are locked on a barista manning the cash register. He's been standing here for a while, not sure if he should go in or not. He wasn't even planning on coming to the human world, but Jeonghan had urged him to, saying that it wasn't like he was doing anything else back at the society. Seungcheol couldn't argue with that and had decided that he might as well take a trip out there. Now that he is out here, he can't help but feel like this is a bad idea. Jihoon is working. He is probably busy and doesn't want to spend time with him. He should just leave. Seungcheol starts to walk away, but stops himself before he can. He glances at Jihoon again, who has a soft smile on his face as he takes a customer's order. Seungcheol sighs, he came all this way. He can't just turn back without at least saying hi. He'll leave after greeting the human. Yeah, that'll be fine. He won't be bothering Jihoon if he just pops in for a second. Seungcheol takes a deep breath before walking into the cafe and approaching the counter. "Hello, welcome to Pinwheel Cafe, what can I get for you?" Jihoon chirps, his eyes focused on the screen of the register and not the customer.

"Hi," Seungcheol says.

Jihoon immediately looks up and his eyes widen, "Seungcheol? What are you doing here?"

"I was walking by and I saw you," Seungcheol says, "I wanted to say hello...so...uh...hello..." The vampire flashes Jihoon a nervous smile, cursing at himself for sounding so timid. "Hi," Jihoon says with a smile of his own, "Do you want something to drink? It's on the house."

"Oh, I couldn't," Seungcheol says, "I actually need to go."

"Already?" Jihoon says in a disappointed tone, "I was actually going to take my break soon. We could've hung out for a bit." Seungcheol's eyes widen at his words. Jihoon wants to hang out with him. Calm down, he thinks, don't overthink this. "In that case...I would love a drink," Seungcheol says.

≫ ──── ≪•◦ ❈ ◦•≫ ──── ≪

"That's a wonderful dream," Seungcheol says. The two sit on one of the tables within the cafe. It's fairly quiet even though it's midday. Only a couple people have come in and only one college student is sitting, studying at one of the other tables. "You think so?" Jihoon asks. Seungcheol nods. The two have been talking for a while. It started with their likes and quickly moved on to their dreams. "You're an amazing singer," Seungcheol says.

"You haven't even heard me sing," Jihoon states, "How would you know?"

"I just do," Seungcheol says, "You have a nice voice, Jihoon."

The human blushes, "Thanks..."

"If that's your dream...why are you working here?" Seungcheol questions.

"Ah, well, music is not exactly an easy industry to make it in," Jihoon says, "I haven't gotten to play many gigs and cause of that I haven't been recognized by any label. I need money, so thus my career as a barista."

Seungcheol nods, "I'm sure you'll get there. One day...you'll be performing in front of thousands and have millions of fans all over the world."

"I don't know about that," Jihoon says, "But it's a nice thought."

"I believe in you," Seungcheol says, "I'll be your very first fan."

Jihoon laughs, "I appreciate it."

"I should probably get an autograph now," Seungcheol says, pretending to search around for a pen and paper.

Jihoon shakes his head, "Stop it."