Chapter 38

Hi! I am back and with a new chapter for you all. This one has loads of Jicheol moments, so I hope you look forward to it! Please enjoy!

"Where's Chan?" Seungcheol asks as he steps into Joshua's apartment.

"He's sleeping," Jihoon says, closing the door behind his boyfriend. The vampire nods and enters the apartment, making a beeline for the couch. He plops onto is and lets out a sigh. He lets his head fall back on the couch and his eyes fall shut. "You seem stressed," Jihoon says, taking a seat beside him and absentmindedly playing with his hair.

"Yeah, things have been a bit insane lately," Seungcheol mutters, "We're still on the search for this secret faction. No luck there. Oh and my parents are trying to have my boyfriend killed and me expelled from my position as prince."

Jihoon grits his teeth, "Sorry."

"Why are you saying sorry?" Seungcheol asks.

Jihoon shrugs, "I mean...if you weren't dating me you wouldn't have to risk being kicked out by your parents..."

"Hey, this isn't your fault. My parents were probably waiting for an excuse like this to get rid of me anyway. You know that we've never really gotten along," Seungcheol says, "They see me more as a nuisance than anything else."

"Still," Jihoon says, "You just seem to be going through a lot and I can't help but think I'm the cause of a lot of it."

Seungcheol shakes his head, "You're not. If anything, you've made my life ten times better. Don't worry, Jihoonie, I can handle all of this." Jihoon sighs and nods his head. Seungcheol shifts on the couch so that he can clearly look at Jihoon. He stares at the human with a fond smile on his face. Jihoon looks back at him with shining eyes filled with curiosity, "What is it?"

"Nothing, you just look really cute," Seungcheol grins.

Jihoon scoffs and pushes at his boyfriend's head, "I'm not cute."

"Yes, you are!" Seungcheol says in a high pitched voice, "You precious little thing! My Jihoonie! Come gwive me a hwug!" The vampire stretches his arms out and flashes his boyfriend a wide smile. Jihoon glares at his boyfriend for a second before crumpling and heading over to give the vampire his request. Somehow, Jihoon ends up on Seungcheol's lap. The human buries his face into the vampire's chest and takes a deep breath, inhaling Seungcheol's calming scent of pine trees. Seungcheol's smile gets bigger as he looks down at the human, who has his arms wrapped around his body. Seungcheol tucks his boyfriend's head underneath his chin and presses a soft kiss to his head. "I wuv you," Seungcheol whispers.

Jihoon huffs and shakes his head, "I can't believe that you're a freaking vampire."

"Why?" Seungcheol asks.

"You're supposed to be scary," Jihoon says, "Not talking to your boyfriend like he's a baby!"

"But, you are a baby! My baby!" Seungcheol exclaims. Jihoon rolls his eyes at the words and opens his mouth to say something. He is cut off by the sound of his phone buzzing on the side table. Jihoon releases Seungcheol's body and reaches for his phone. He glances at the screen before tapping at it. He holds it up between both him and his boyfriend. "Hey, Niel," Jihoon says.

"Hey," Daniel says over the phone, "Is Seungcheol-ssi is with you?"

"Hello, Daniel," Seungcheol says.

"Hi," Daniel says, "I have some news to share with you about this secret faction."

"Did you find it?" Seungcheol asks.

"We did," Daniel states, "It took a bit of time. Between convincing the other hunters to believe that such a thing exists and actually searching all over for it, but we found a location we believe to be their main base of operations."