Chapter 20

Hi, hi! I am back with a new chapter for you all. It's a shorter one, but I hope that you still enjoy it nonetheless. We're going to find out exactly what happened to Seungcheol with a little flashback. I won't say anything more than that, so let's get right into the story.

Hours Earlier

"How is it that you imbeciles still can't put a stop to any of this!?" The King bellows, "I told you to keep an eye out for those idiotic hunters!!!"

"We have been watching them, sire. Constantly," Advisor Kangmin says, "But, none have made any moves against the vampires."

"They clearly have!" The King shouts, "All the vampires that went to the human world yesterday are dead! That is the work of hunters! Those are lives lost because you useless pieces of trash cannot do your jobs!!!" Seungcheol massages his temples, his head aching from his father's endless rant. A meeting was called to discuss another major loss that occurred in the human world. It would seem that even with vampires' eyes locked on the hunters, they still were somehow able to attack and kill every single traveling vamp. The King is beyond pissed. The hunters keep killing his people, yet they continue to deny it. Seungcheol can tell that soon enough, his father would break and declare war on the hunters. It's only a matter of time. Everyone knows it. They're trying their best to keep the peace, but as long as the killings continue, the tensions will only rise. The King will break the alliance and it would mean utter chaos for the entire world. The King shakes his head, "At least, tell me that you've located all of the bodies."

"They are in this abandoned packaging plant, your Majesty," Advisor Woobin states.

"All of them?" The King asks.

"Yes, sire," Advisor Woobin answers.

The King frowns, "I want the area contained and examined. Search for evidence that may lead us to the exact hunter clan that is doing this. And, please, make sure no one catches wind of this, be it human or vampire."

"Yes, your Majesty," The advisors echo in unison.

"We cannot have situations like this keep happening," The King exclaims, "Do you hear me?! I will not lose another one of my people to those damn hunters!"

"Yes, sire!" The advisory board says loudly.

The King nods, "I want everyone on this. All forces are going to be focused on discovering who the culprit is. I don't give two craps about anything else. I want to find who is killing our people now!"

"My people will continue to watch the hunters," Advisor Kangmin says, "We will find who is behind this."

"I will get to work on informing the others," Advisor Eunbi states, "As well as, hand out assignments to them regarding this matter."

"And, I shall gather a team to send to the human world to survey the scene," Advisor Donghee says.

"Good," The King says, "Dismissed."

"Wait!" Seungcheol exclaims. The advisors all turn to look at the crown prince, wondering what he has to say. "Is it possible for me to tag along on that mission, Advisor Donghee?" Seungcheol asks. The advisor's eyebrows raise and he glances at the King, who has a firm expression on his face. "Why would you want to do that, Seungcheol?" The King asks, "And, if you remember correctly, I banned you from going to the human world."

"I remember, father, but I must go," Seungcheol says, "I want to see for myself firsthand what these hunters are doing to our people. A proper leader would check the issue themselves in order to make the right decisions and take the necessary actions to resolve it."