Chapter 39

Hi! I am back with another chapter. We are officially ten chapters away from the very end of this novel. It's crazy. I'm not going to be sappy yet, but thank you to everyone who's been reading my story so far. I hope you continue to read and enjoy the rest of this story. With that said, let's get into the chapter.

Now

"What happened, sir?"

"We really need to have you checked on, sir."

"Sir? You were just in an accident."

"I'm with the news! Sir, please, tell me what's your name?"

"You need to step back!"

"Can you hear me? Sir?"

"He keeps refusing medical attention!"

"Who was the other passenger? A friend? A lover?"

"He was just in a car accident, how can he refuse!?"

"This will be easier if you all just answer our questions."

"Sir, were you under the influence while driving your vehicle?"

"Bystanders say there was a car pushing you! Do you know who the car belongs to?"

"Sir, please, we're just trying to do our job!"

"Was there another car that caused this or was it reckless driving?"

"The people want to know! Tell us what happened!"

"Sir!

"Sir!"

"Sir!"

Seungcheol sits on the sidewalk with a blank expression on his face. The endless chatter becoming static in his ears. He stares at his boyfriend's limp body in the middle of the street. The cops have covered his body with a blanket, confirming what the vampire already knew. Jihoon is gone. The world around him is frantic. The car that was pushing them drove off after the crash. People say that they have photos of the license plate and they've reassured him the culprit will be found. The ambulance came next followed by the police. Medics taking them from the vehicle and trying to patch up the wounds that Seungcheol knows are already healing. Cops questioning people on the scene and considering having him tested for drugs within his system. It's all happening, but Seungcheol doesn't care. His entire focus is on Jihoon. His Jihoon. The sarcastic, smiling, light of his life. The human that's changed his world. The only person Seungcheol thinks he'll ever love. His Jihoon. Dead. Gone. Forever.

≫ ──── ≪•◦ ❈ ◦•≫ ──── ≪

He should turn him, Seungcheol thinks as he's being taken along with his boyfriend's body to the hospital. Make Jihoon come back. It would be so easy. But, he can't. He vowed never to do such a thing. It's against the law. It isn't right. And Jihoon being buried in a grave is? Jihoon is young. He shouldn't be dead. He should be alive. Seungcheol can bring him back, but should he. Should he? His chest aches and his heart feels like it's being ripped apart. The decision to save Jihoon or not is weighing heavily on him. He wants to, but he's holding himself back. Would Jihoon want this? Would he want to be alive as a vampire? Or would it be better for him to rest? Or should he be selfish and take choices into his own hands. Bring him back cause he can't live without him. Would that be better? Would that stop this painful throbbing of emptiness inside? Seungcheol yells suddenly, startling the medic, who looks at him with worry. The vampire presses the heels of his hands into his eyes and lets out a strangled sob. His chest tightens as tears flow down his cheeks. He lowers his head in between his knees and cries. He sobs and screams out for his love. He wishes he could go back. Never get in that car. Never drive to that tteokbokki place. Just stay at the apartment. Just stay and kiss and do more. Just stay and scar Chan when he wakes up. Just stay. Stay and be safe. Stay and live.