Chapter 17

Hello! I am back. The last chapter sort of ended really quickly and this one is a bit longer than the last. It picks up exactly where the last one left off. We also delve a bit more into vampires as I have made them in this AU, so please make sure to pay attention to that because it sets up a lot of what's to be expected and come in future chapters. That's all I have to say, so please enjoy this new chapter!

"You're serious," Jihoon says. He eyes the man, who doesn't seem to be showing any signs of lying to him. "Yes," Seungcheol says.

"Prove it," Jihoon states, a tad bit suspicious still. Can you blame him? How would you react if someone came up to you and said they're a vampire? It's something out of a story. Even if he saw the vampire esque bites on his neck, it doesn't make him a firm believer in the supernatural. If Seungcheol really is what he says he is, he needs to prove it. "Fine," Seungcheol says. He opens his mouth and tilts his head down so that Jihoon can get a good look at his teeth. Seungcheol's pearly whites start to extend and sharpen instantly until they become a picture perfect set of vampire teeth. Jihoon's eyes widen, "You are a vampire..." Seungcheol nods and allows his teeth to turn back to normal. He closes his mouth and locks eyes with Jihoon. "You won't drink my blood, will you?" Jihoon asks a bit nervously.

Seungcheol shakes his head, "Never."

"I guess that sort of explains what happened last night," Jihoon says, "A vampire was drinking my blood and you heard me scream and then came to save me. You shoved the vampire away and broke the door to get into my house to keep me safe..."

"Basically," Seungcheol states. Jihoon lets out a breath and runs a hand through his hair. "I...I can't believe this," Jihoon says, "I mean you're a vampire. Vampires are real. This is insane..."

"Yeah," Seungcheol murmurs, imagining how in shock Jihoon must feel.

"So...have you been lying to me the entire time I've known you?" Jihoon asks.

Seungcheol shrugs, "Yes and no. I told you the truth about most things. I've really never watched superhero movies or ate any of those foods you introduced me to. But, I'm not a chaebol...I'm a prince..."

"A prince? As in royalty? Vampire royalty?" Jihoon questions, "You have vampire royalty!?"

Seungcheol nods, "We all live in a secret society. It's run by the King and Queen. They're my parents and I'm the crown prince."

"A society of vampires..." Jihoon echoes, "I never would have guessed...I just assumed you were like bloodthirsty creatures who killed humans...no offense."

"None taken," Seungcheol states, "Humans have common misconceptions about our people. Like garlic and sunlight...those things are just made up..."

"What's real then?" Jihoon asks in a curious tone, "What are actual, real-life vampires like?" Seungcheol looks at the human, who glances back at him. The vampire wonders why the human hasn't run away yet. He would have expected for Jihoon to flip out and never want to see him again, but the human is sort of calm. Calmer than he should be considering he was just told about the existence of vampires. "How come you're not flipping out?" Seungcheol asks, "I just told you that I'm a vampire and you're asking me questions about my people...aren't you scared?"

"I am. Internally, but at the same time, not really," Jihoon says, "I mean. I should be. But...I'm not. You saved me last night...that means something...and you've had chances to kill me or my brothers before but you've been nothing but nice. Just cause you're a vampire doesn't mean you're a bad guy...right?" Seungcheol smiles, finding Jihoon absolutely amazing. He's so lucky to have almost been hit by this human out of billions. "What do you want to know?" Seungcheol asks.