"He does," Jihoon murmurs, patting Chan on the shoulder.

"I just expect him to come home...and he doesn't...he won't...," Chan takes a deep breath, "I'm trying to not think about it too much. To get over it...I mean it's been a couple of weeks already..."

"Channie..." Jihoon says, looking at his brother with worry.

"Seokmin hyung wouldn't want me to cry," Chan states, quickly wiping the corners of his eyes, "He would tell me to smile. He would say that I shouldn't be upset. That I should live my life, but it isn't easy...it isn't easy at all..."

"No, it isn't," Jihoon mutters under his breath, "It's not supposed to be."

"I....I just want things to go back to normal," Chan exclaims, turning his head to look at his hyung. Jihoon's heart aches as he looks at the face of his younger brother. His eyes shine with unshed tears and his lips quiver as he tries his best to keep himself from breaking down. He looks so young, Jihoon thinks, so young. Jihoon grabs onto Chan's arm and pulls him into his hold. He wraps his arm around his younger brother and gently rubs his back. "It won't though. Things can never go back to the way it was," Chan whispers, "It will never be the same ever again...." Jihoon purses his lips and squeezes his younger brother tighter. He can feel his shirt start to get damp as tears trail from Chan's eyes. The boy doesn't make a sound, but the tears continue to pour from him. Jihoon doesn't speak, not knowing what to say to his younger brother. Cause, he's right. Things are different now. This is their new normal. A bigger world. Smaller people. And Seokmin as a vampire and not their sunshiney brother. The two brothers stay like this for a while, staying close to one another like their lives depended on it. That is until a large rock comes flying through the air and hits Chan on the back to the head. "Ah!" Chan shrieks before his eyes roll to the back of his head and falls limp in Jihoon's arms. Jihoon's eyes widen and he grips onto his brother, slowly lowering to the floor. "Channie! Channie!" Jihoon calls out. He grits his teeth and touches the back of his head. He curses when blood appears on his fingertips. "You hit him too hard, Baekho!" A voice exclaims, "He's just a freaking kid!"

"Well, he's out, isn't he?" Baekho says with a shrug, "C'mon, we have a job to do."

"Who the hell are you!?" Jihoon growls, turning to look at his brother's assailants. He glares at the two men, who look back at him with surprised expressions. "The people that will be ending your life," The other one says plainly. Jihoon tenses at those words and gently puts Chan on the ground. He gets to his feet and stands in front of his brother, "You're vampires."

"Bingo," Baekho states. Jihoon heart races in his chest, but he does his best to keep calm. He needs to focus. He has to protect Chan. He doesn't know how well he'll do. There are two of them and only one of him. As much as he likes to say he can make any vampire bend to his will, it doesn't mean he actually can. Especially if it's in hand to hand combat. "Let's get this over with," the other says, walking closer to Jihoon. The human trembles a bit, but tries his best to maintain his composure. "Stop!" Mingyu bellows, dropping from who knows where right in front of Jihoon. Jihoon looks to the vampire and lets out a sigh of relief, thankful that his friend is here.

"Mingyu?" Baekho questions, "What are you doing here?"

"Stopping you," Mingyu states, "Baekho and JR, I'm ordering you to stand down."

JR shakes his head, "We can't do that. Our orders come directly from the King and Queen themselves."

Mingyu shakes his head, "What did they tell you to do? Who did they tell you this human is? Do you know anything about the human you're about to kill?" Baekho and JR exchange a quick look before glancing back at Mingyu and shaking their heads. "It shouldn't matter," Baekho says, "If it's what the King commands, we will do it."