"He has done nothing wrong," Seokmin announces in a shaky tone.

"He fell in love with the crown prince of the vampires," Jeonghan says, "He's done everything wrong."

"That's why I will protect him," Seungcheol growls, "I won't let my parents use him to bait me. I won't let them harm him. Not Jihoon. They can do whatever they want to me, but I will never let them lay a finger on him."

"You need to come back, Seungcheol," Jeonghan says in as calm of a tone.

"I've already said why I can't!" Seungcheol shouts.

"I know, I know," Jeonghan says, "But, you are still the crown prince. Your parents want you to rush over to him and stay by his side. Then, they can label you a traitor to your own people. Siding with a human. Falling for a human. Ditching your title for a human. Giving yourself away to something that withers in a couple of year's time. You will be an outcast."

"So, let me be an outcast," Seungcheol states, "I don't care."

"What about Soonyoung!?" Jeonghan exclaims, "What of Seokmin?! Do you think that your pardon will still stand after being kicked out? You need to relax and think for a minute. I understand that you are worried about Jihoon, but send someone else to watch over him. You're needed here." Seungcheol doesn't speak for a second and Seokmin glances over at him in curiosity, wondering what the crown prince will do. Seokmin is worried for his brother, but Jihoon isn't a weakling. He's a fighter. Doesn't matter if it's a vampire or a human. Seungcheol must know that. "Fine," Seungcheol says with gritted teeth, "Tell Mingyu to go right now. Use his goddamn speed and watch out for my Jihoonie. If anyone hurts him, I'll have Mingyu executed myself."

"I'll make sure he gets the message," Jeonghan says, "I'll see you soon."

≫ ──── ≪•◦ ❈ ◦•≫ ──── ≪

"They know," Seungcheol murmurs into his phone. He stands within his private bathroom, his hair slicked back and garbed long coat with gold buttons and intricate curls. He stares at himself in the mirror and can't help but find that he appears like a picture perfect prince. Exactly what his parents would want to see. Exactly how he should look when he confronts them in a couple minutes. "They?" Jihoon questions.

"My parents," Seungcheol states, "About us."

"Oh," Jihoon mutters, "How?"

"They had someone follow me around," Seungcheol says in a serious tone, "I don't know for how long, but I know they've been doing it long enough to know exactly who you are and what you are to me."

"What does this mean?" Jihoon asks.

"I don't want to worry you," Seungcheol says, "But, I have reason to believe that they might try to hurt you." Jihoon doesn't say anything after that which makes Seungcheol frown. "Hey, are you still there?" Seungcheol questions.

"Yeah, yeah, I'm just trying to process the fact that my boyfriend's parents want me dead," Jihoon mutters.

"I won't let them touch you," Seungcheol says in a dark tone, "You know that right."

"I'm not afraid, Seungcheol," Jihoon says in an even tone, "Believe it or not. I know that you won't let anything happen to me. I'm guessing that you already have someone watching me if you aren't already doing so yourself."

Seungcheol sighs, "It's just until I know that you're safe and I speak to my parents about this."

"It's fine," Jihoon says, "As I said before, I'm not scared. You on the other hand sound like you're freaking out. Are you worried about me?"

"Yes, I think this is the most worried I've felt my entire life," Seungcheol murmurs.

"Don't be," Jihoon states.

Seungcheol chuckles, "Kinda hard not to be when I know my parents will send their best vamps to deal with you. You're only human, Jihoon."

"Just cause I'm human doesn't mean I'm a fragile piece of glass," Jihoon huffs.

"I know that, but vamps are strong," Seungcheol says, "You can only fight for so long before..." An image of Jihoon all bloodied and bruised appears in Seungcheol's mind. He winces at it and clenches his hands into fists. He won't let that come true. He won't. Jihoon lets out a breath, "Would it make you feel better if I stayed over at Daniel's or Shua hyung's place?"

"Honestly, yeah, it would," Seungcheol says.

"Then, I'll call one of them up," Jihoon says, "I'll be okay, so calm down. After all, I'm the one that may be under attack here and I'm not freaking out." Seungcheol frowns, that may be true, but he's the one that can lose his entire world in less than a second.

Uh oh...things are getting a bit crazy. Do you think Cheol's parents are going to do anything? You'll have to read and find out. I don't have much to say, so please comment, vote, follow me, add this story to your library, and check out my Romance One-shots book. The Jicheol one-shot is finally out! Until next time. Bye bye 👋